Selsun Dandruff Shampoo 2.5% : If you have washed your hair with tried and trusted brand shampoos but you still suffer from dandruff or other scalp conditions, it may be time to try something a little bit more powerful and Selsun Dandruff Shampoo certainly fits the bill as it quickly and effectively removes dandruff from your life.
Remove all jewellery before using Selsun as it may stain or discolour gold, silver or metallic objects.
Selsun Dandruff Shampoo contains the active ingredient selenium sulphide and this is proven to have a profound effect on dandruff.
This shampoo works because it helps to reduce the amount of grease that develops on the scalp, a common cause of dandruff, and it quickly works to reduce the growth of the skin cells on the scalp that are known to cause dandruff.
It is extremely powerful so you can't use it every day but when used a couple of times a week, this shampoo can be extremely effective.
Adults, including the elderly and children 5 years and over:
- Apply the shampoo generously, twice a week for 2 weeks and then reduce the frequency of application to once a week for the subsequent 2 weeks.
- You can then use the shampoo as frequently as required in order to manage the condition.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Monoethanolamine Lauryl Sulphate, Purified water, Bentonite Glyceryl Monoricinoleate S, Empigen BB, Sodium Chloride, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid and Sodium Dihydrogen Phosphate Dihydrate.
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
- Application of the shampoo to the scalp or skin might cause burning sensation or irritation.
- Hair discoloration might occur, though this can be minimized or avoided by washing the hair thoroughly after treatment.
- Blistering can rarely occur, particularly if the shampoo is left in contact with the skin for a longer than recommended.
- Dryness or oiliness of the scalp and hair including an increased amount of normal hair loss might occur.
- Though not often, allergic reactions such as urticaria and rash have been reported.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Children under 5 years of age should not use this shampoo.
- For external use only.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.