Day & Night Nurse Capsules provide 24 hour protection from colds and flu and the associated symptoms such as a tickly, irritating cough, aches and pains, shivering, blocked or runny nose, sore throats and headache. With three active ingredients in the night capsules: paracetemol, promethazine and dextromethorphan, and three in the day capsules: paracetemol, pseudoephedrine and pholcodine, this product will help you sleep AND help you get through the day.
Remember to maintain regular body temperature and rest to recover properly. Olbas Oil, Vicks Inhaler or Vicks Vapour Rub can be used for a restful night sleep if extra congestion relief is needed.
Each packet of Day & Night Nurse Capsules contains a combination of two different types of capsules, those for use during the day which are non-drowsy and those for use during the night that will help you get some rest and wake up feeling refreshed.
The day nurse capsules help to relieve aches, pains and fever and are formulated to help you get through the day, while the night nurse capsules help to relieve aches, pains and fever associated with colds and flu, they have a mild sedative effect and this, together with the relief from cold and flu symptoms, can help you to get a restful nights sleep.
All in one treatment for colds and flu that contains paracetemol. Do not take any other paracetemol containing product at the same time at this medication. If extra pain relief is need, ibuprofen or aspirin based products are recommended.
Adults, including the elderly and children 12 years and over:
- Take 2 Day capsules up to 3 times daily.
- Take 2 Night capsules at night.
- Do not take more than 2 capsules at any one time, no more than 6 Day capsules in 24 hours and no more than 2 Night capsules in 24 hours.
- There must be at least 4 hours between any dose.
- Contains paracetemol, do not take with other paracetemol containing products.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
Each Day capsule contains 500mg of Paracetemol, 30mg of Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride and 5mg of pholcodine.
Each Night capsule contains 500mg of Paracetemol, 10mg of Promethazine hydrochloride and 7.5mg of Dextromethorphan hydrobromide.
Day Nurse Capsules:
Hard Gelatin Capsule ingredients are Allura Red (E 129), Quinoline yellow (E104) and Titanium Dioxide (E171)
Other ingredients contained in the capsules are Sodium Starch Glycollate, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate and Magnesium Stearate (E572)
Printing Ink is Opacode Black that contains: Iron Oxide Black (E172), Shellac and Propylene Glycol.
Night Nurse Capsules:
Dimeticone, Lactose Monohydrate,Gelatin, Colloidal Anhydrous Silica, Quinoline Yellow (E104) Erythrosine (E127), Patent Blue V (E131) and Titanium Dioxide (E171).
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
- Warning - Night capsules might cause drowsiness. If you get affected avoid taking alcoholic drink, avoid driving or operating machinery.
- Usually Paracetemol is tolerated well, however occasional skin rashes and other allergic reactions do occur.
- Unwanted effects are usually not common with Dextromethorphan and if they occur the effects are usually mild. Upset stomach, nausea or vomiting as well as dizziness might occur occasionally.
- Promethazine might cause difficulty in concentrating or drowsiness. If drowsy, avoid taking alcoholic drink, avoid driving or operating machinery.
- Discontinue taking this medication and consult your pharmacist or doctor immediately if you get any of the unwanted effects.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
Do not take Day & Night Nurse Capsules:
- Together with other cold, flu or decongestant medication or if you have kidney or liver disease.
- If you suffer from allergies or if you are expecting, breast feeding, planning to become expecting.
- If you are receiving prescribed medication or you have an enlarged prostate, asthma or glaucoma or if you are under the care of a doctor, consult your doctor before taking this medication.
- With any other drugs containing paracetemol.
Avoid taking more than the indicated dosage.
In case you overdose seek medical advice immediate even if you feel fine to avoid the risk of serious delayed liver damage.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.