Use Day Nurse Capsules for day-time relief from tickly, dry coughs and other cold and flu symptoms, such as headache, sore throat, aches and pains, shivering and a blocked and runny nose. Effective, strong relief that will let you get on with the important things in your life by relieving symptoms and helping you to feel more energised.
For extra relief from pain and fever associated with cold & flu, ibuprofen can be used with Day Nurse capsules. Try to keep hydrated and eat where possible to aid recovery.
Day Nurse Capsules are for use during the day and help to relieve aches, pains and fever. They are non-drowsy and formulated to help you get through the day. They provide protection from colds and influenza and the associated symptoms such as a tickly, irritating cough, aches and pains, shivering, blocked or runny nose, sore throats and headache.
With three active ingredients: paracetemol 500mg to help relieve aches and pains associated with cold and flu, pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30mg to help bring relief from congestion and reduce mucus and pholcodeine 5mg helps to suppress an unproductive (tickly) cough. Get on with your day with Day Nurse Capsules.
Adults, including the elderly and children 12 years and over:
- Take 2 capsules every 4 hours.
- Do no texceed the maximum dose of 8 capsules in 24 hours.
- Avoid taking more than three doses in 24 hours if you intend to take a night-time paracetemol-containing product at bedtime.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
Paracetemol 500mg, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 30mg and Pholcodine 5mg.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Acesulfame K, Citric Acid Monohydrate,Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Citrate, Levomenthol, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol 96%, Glycerol, Liquid Sugar, Liquid Glucose, Peach Flavour 17.40.3109, Pear Drop Flavour 17.40.3848, Lime Flavour 17.42.5408, Riboflavin-5-Phosphate Sodium (E101), Purified water.
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
- Usually Paracetemol is tolerated well, however occasional skin rashes and other allergic reactions do occur.
- With Phenylpropanolamine, side effects are rare, although it might cause increased heart beat, sleep disturbance, skin rash, dry throat, mouth or nose including difficulty in passing urine. Hallucinations have also been reported, though rarely.
- Unwanted effects are usually not common with Dextromethorphan and if they occur the effects are usually mild. Upset stomach, nausea or vomiting as well as dizziness might occur occasionally.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Avoid taking more than the indicated dose.
- In case of an overdose, seek medical advice immediately even if your feel fine.
- If you have asthma or if you are under the care of your doctor or if you are receiving prescribed medication, consult your doctor before taking this medication.
- Consult your doctor if symptoms persist.
- Since these capsules contain Paracetemol, avoid taking together with any other drugs containing paracetemol.
- Keep out of sight and out of reach of children.
- Consult your doctor before using the capsules if you suffer from allergies or if you are expecting, breast feeding or planning to become expecting.
- Keep in the original package and avoid storing above 25 degrees.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.