Night Nurse Liquid: Choose Night Nurse for fast and effective relief from the symptoms of colds and flu such as a runny nose and cough. It is specifically designed to be taken at night as it works to combat the aforementioned irritating symptoms and ensure you are allowed to get to sleep and wake up rested the following morning.
Night Nurse causes drowsiness (as suggested in the name!). If you need relief during the day try Day Nurse capsules or liquid - they provide the same pain and congestion relief without the drowsiness.
As bad as cold and flu symptoms are during the day, they are a complete nightmare when it is time to sleep as coughing; sneezing and a blocked or runny nose ensure you simply can't drift off to sleep.
It also helps to ease other symptoms such as headaches, sore throat and shivers. This liquid contains an antihistamine which helps to dry up the runny nose and thus improve breathing.
It also acts as a cough suppressant and pain killer and the liquid glucose syrup works to relieve your sore throat.
Adults, including the elderly and children 12 years and over:
Take four 5 ml spoonfuls (20mls) at bedtime.
Children under 12: Not recommended
Do not take if you have had 4 doses of a paracetemol containing product within a 24 hour period.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
Each 20 ml dose contains Paracetemol 1000 mg, Promethazine Hydrochloride 20 mg and Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 15 mg.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Ethanol (alcohol) 18% v/v, sodium and glucose
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
- Even though Paracetamol is generally well tolerated, occasional skin rashes and other allergic reactions may occur.
- Unwanted effects are usually not common with Dextromethorphan but mild symptoms such as upset stomach, nausea or vomiting and dizziness might occasionally occur.
- Promethazine might cause difficulty in concentrating or drowsiness. If you get drowsy, avoid driving or operating machinery and avoid taking alcoholic drink.
- Discontinue using this medication and consult your pharmacist or doctor immediately if you get any of these or any other unusual effects.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Avoid taking more than the recommended dosage.
- In case an overdose, seek medical attention immediately, even if you feel fine.
- These capsules might cause drowsiness.
- If you get drowsy, avoid driving or operating machinery.
- Do not consume alcohol during treatment with these capsules.
- These tablets contain paracetamol and should not be taken with any other drugs containing paracetamol.
- Avoid taking this medication if you have liver or kidney disease or with other cold, flu, or decongestant medication at night.
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medication during pregnancy or lactation or if you are receiving prescribed medication or if you are under the care of your doctor.
- Consult your doctor if symptoms persist.
- Keep out of sight and out of reach of children.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.