When you have a chesty cough, you need medication that is both fast acting and very effective. If you are looking for a chesty cough formula that can get to work on the symptoms of your chesty cough with speed, you will find Benylin Chesty Coughs Original to be ideal.
Central heating in the winter can dry the air around your house and work place. A humidifier will help to add moisture to the air and ease breathing fro a better nights sleep. A cheaper alternative it to place a cup of water next to a radiator or buy a Ficus.
The formula of Benylin Chesty Coughs Original is designed to help alleviate congestion, loosen phlegm, and relieve your chesty cough. This type of cough can cause a lot of discomfort as well as causing embarrassment for sufferers, making going to work or going out awkward.
Naturally, sufferers are eager to get the cough cleared as soon as possible, and with this medication you can look forward to faster, more effective relief and a quicker road to recovery.
Adults, including the elderly and children 12 years and over:
Take two 5ml spoonfuls up to four times a day.
Please do not exceed the maximum daily dose of 40mL daily.
Do not take more frequently than every 4 - 6 hours.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
Each 5ml of Benylin Chesty Coughs Original contains: Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride 15mg, Levomenthol 2mg.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Liquid Glucose, Sucrose, Ethanol, Glycerol, Sodium Citrate, Saccharin Sodium, Citric Acid Monohydrate, Sodium Benzoate (E211), Ammonium Chloride, Caramel T12 (E150), Raspberry flavour, Carbomer, Ponceau 4R (E124) and water.
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
- Swelling of the face, lips and/or tongue.
- Allergic reactions including skin rashes (which may be severe and include blistering or peeling of the skin) and itching.
- Fits or numbness (paresthesia).
- Drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision.
- Dry mouth, nose and throat.
- Upset stomach.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
Do not use this medicine...
- If you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- If you have had a cough for a few weeks that may be caused by asthma, or a cough which brings up a lot of mucus (phlegm).
- If you are taking, or have taken in the last two weeks, drugs for depression known as Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs).
- For children under 12 years old.
- If you suffer from liver or kidney problems.
- If you have prostate problems (difficulty with passing water or needing to pass water often).
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- If you are taking alcohol.
- If you have an intolerance to some sugars.
- If you are taking any other medicines containing codeine (sometimes used as a painkiller).
- If you are taking any other medicines, including: anticholinergic drugs, antidepressants (drugs to treat mood disorders), atropine (used to treat some eye conditions and occasionally bowel conditions), antihistamines (drugs used to treat allergies), minor tranquilizers (drugs used to relax muscles or decrease anxiety) or barbiturates (a kind of sleeping tablet).
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.