Otex Ear Drops: These are dual action ear drops that are clinically proven to get rid of hardened ear wax which is tough to remove. The active ingredient is urea hydrogen peroxide and glycerol which works to break down ear wax by softening it which ensures the wax falls from the ear easily.
When Otex is applied it releases oxygen to break up ear wax. A bubbling or crackling sound may be heard after application that is harmless and will pass.
Otex Ear Drops is the No.1 selling product for the treatment of ear wax in the UK.
Having blocked ears can be a real burden as it can stop you from hearing properly as well as causing earache. These ear drops contain hydrogen peroxide and glycerol to break up hard wax into small pieces thus making it easier to remove.
This product is clinically proven to remove ear wax and ensures that you don't need drastic measures such as syringing. The hydrogen peroxide in these drops reacts with moisture and produces oxygen which breaks up the wax and the glycerol softens hardened wax.
Adults, including the elderly and children 2 years and over:
- While tilting the head, gently instil up to 5 drops into the ear.
- Allow for to work for a few minutes and wipe away any excess with a tissue
- Reapply once or twice a day, if required, for about 3 to 4 days while symptoms clear.
- After use, clean your hands. Ensure you also replace the cap and put the bottle back to its carton.
- Dispose of the bottle and its' contents after 4 weeks of opening.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
Urea Hydrogen Peroxide
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
- Patients might experience a gentle, short-term effervescence in the ear.
- If pain or irritation occurs, discontinue use.
- Usage of this medication might intensify excessive ear wax painful symptoms such as dizziness, some loss of hearing and tinnitus.
- Though not often, an unpleasant taste has also been reported.
- Discontinue treatment and consult your doctor if you experience any of the unwanted effects or if symptoms worsen or persist.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Avoid using this medication if you suffer from dizziness, or if your eardrum is or has been injured or if you are using a hearing aid or other ear drops in the ear or if there is pain, discharge, swelling, or infection in your ear.
- Use this medication only under close supervision of your pharmacist or doctor, if you have history of ear problems.
- You should avoid using these ear drops if you have had your ear syringed in the previous 2 to 3 days, or if you have attempted to remove ear wax using cotton buds, fingernails, or other instruments since applying the drops into the ear after such can aggravate the pain.
- If you are not sure whether to use the drops, consult your pharmacist,nurse or doctor before use.
- Discontinue treatment and consult your doctor if pain or irritation occurs during use, or if symptoms persist.
- Do not contact the eyes with these drops.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.