Used for the treatment of a variety of fungal skin infections, Clotrimazole 1% Cream is a very effective treatment that can get to work quickly in order to provide speedy and convenient relief to sufferers. It can treat conditions such as thrush, jock itch, ringworm, and other fungal skin infections.
Clotrimazole is the unbranded version of the well established Canesten cream. It is a versatile cream which can be used to treat thrush, nappy rash, athletes foot and other fungal infections of the skin.
When you use Clotrimazole 1% Cream you will find it very easy to apply, and it can quickly get to work on embarrassing and uncomfortable skin conditions to ensure rapid relief. The cream is suitable for use by both men and women, and contains the same ingredients as the more expensive Canesten Cream, which can also be purchased from pharmacies to treat fungal skin infections.
A range of skin problems can be treated by using this cream, including thrush, jock itch, ringworm, and other fungal skin infections. This product is for external use only, so those with infections that also affect them internally, such as thrush, will need to ensure they get appropriate treatment for the internal infection.
As this cream is unbranded we can pass on the savings to our patients which gives you the same healthcare and better value for money.
Adults, including the elderly and children of all ages:
- Before use, pierce the tube seal by pressing the cap over the end of the tube.
- If the feet are infected, they should be washed and dried thoroughly, especially between the toes, before
- applying the cream.
- Clotrimazole cream should be applied thinly and evenly to the affected areas two or three times daily and rubbed in gently.
- The duration of the treatment depends upon the type of infection. Generally a minimum of two weeks is required, although up to four weeks may be necessary.
- The symptoms of skin infection, such as itching or soreness, should improve within a few days of treatment although signs such as redness and scaling may take longer to disappear. If symptoms persist, consult your doctor
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Sorbitan monostearate, polysorbate 60, cetyl esters wax, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, 2-octyldodeoanol, benzyl alcohol and water.
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
Itching, rash, blisters, burning, discomfort, swelling,
irritation or peeling of skin at site of application.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Clotrimazole cream should not be used in people who have had an allergic reaction to clotrimazole or any of the other ingredients of clotrimazole cream.
- Clotrimazole cream should not be used during pregnancy or breast-feeding without consulting a doctor.
- Do not put the cream in your mouth or swallow it.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.