An effective treatment for common skin and foot warts, Duofilm contains the active ingredients salicylic acid and lactic acid which work together to break down a protein called keratin that forms part of the skin's structure. Over time the affected skin cells will shed revealing healthy skin below.
Stubborn, persistent warts may need treatment for up to 12 week. Treatment should be conducted by a professional if you suffer from diabetes or poor circulation (because of the increased risk of skin damage).
Duofilm is an effective treatment for common warts and veruccas. Duofilm contains the active ingredients salicylic acid and lactic acid.
The salicylic acid works by breaking down the protein that forms part of the skin's structure called keratin, which results in the skin cells shedding from the affected area over a period of time and the new skin that grows underneath will be healthy and unaffected. Duofilm contains salicylic acid which has been clinically proven to be effective against warts .
The lactic acid enhances the absorption of the salicylic acid by helping to break down the skin surface. Get trusted and effective relief from common warts with Duofilm.
Adults, including the elderly and children 12 years and over:
• Apply once daily, using the brush in the pack.
• It may take 6 to 12 weeks to completely remove your wart.
• Keep using Duofilm until the wart has completely gone. When it has gone you will be able to see the lines of your skin again.
How to use Duofilm
1. Remove any plasters.
2. Soak the warts in hot water for five minutes.
3. Dry the area with your own towel.
4. Rub the top of the warts carefully with a pumice stone or emery board.
5. Then put on enough Duofilm to cover the warts. Try not to get it on the normal skin around the warts.
6. Let the Duofilm dry.
7. Cover the wart with a plaster if it is large or on your foot.
Do not use Duofilm on children under 12 years without medical supervision.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
Salicylic acid BP 16.7% w/w & Lactic acid BP 16.7% w/w.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Colophony, flexible collodion, pyroxylin, colophony, virgin castor oil, ethanol and ether.
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
Do not use this product if:
- you are allergic or sensitive to or have had a reaction to any of the ingredients in the medicine
- this medicine is for a child under 12 years of age
- the warts which need treatment are on the face, or in the area around the anus or genitals
Avoid applying to normal skin.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.