The Hedrin 4% Lotion Spray is the easy way to eradicate head lice and is the only licensed, physically acting treatment in the UK for head lice, available without prescription from your local pharmacist. The spray comes ready assembled so that it is easy to use instantly and provides a contactless way to apply the lotion to the affected areas. It is skin friendly, odourless and contains no organophosphates.
Washing and conditioning hair to soften it makes it easier to go through with a nit comb. Conditioner also makes it harder for the lice to grip the hair, making it easier to comb them out.
The Hedrin 4% Lotion Spray is the easy way to eradicate head lice. The spray comes ready assembled so that it is easy to use instantly and provides a contactless way to apply the lotion to the affected areas.
Simply spray onto dry hair to ensure that the surface area is fully covered and the hair completely saturated. Work through with a comb to spread the liquid from root to tip.
The lotion should be left on overnight and washed as normal the next day, and the process repeated 7 days later for complete treatment. It is skin friendly, odourless and contains no organophosphates.
Additional tipd for headlice:-
Hedrin does not contain pesticides like conventional head lice treatments. Its active ingredient is Dimethicone, which encapsulates the lice preventing them from moving feeding and regulating their water levels. This kills lice but not the eggs so the procedure needs to be repeated in 7 days time.
Adults, including the elderly and children 6 months old and over:
- Using a towel, cover your shoulders.
- Avoid breathing the spray or spraying it into the eyes and face.
- Cover the dry hair with lotion uniformly and evenly.
- Make sure that the hair is saturated and that the scalp and hair are fully covered with the lotion.
- Spread the lotion uniformly from the roots to the hair tips by working into the hair using an ordinary comb or your fingers.
- Leave the hair to dry normally.
- Leave the solution on your hair overnight or for at least eight hours.
- Cleanse the hair with usual shampoo, rinse thoroughly using water and towel dry.
- It is recommended to apply Hedrin again after 7 days to get rid of any untreated eggs likely to hatch within that time period. There is the high likelihood of lice infestation occurring again, if you fail to repeat the process as recommended.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
Discontinue using this product if you get skin rash or other allergic reactions occur.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- This solution is used externally, specifically on the hair and scalp.
- Avoid using this lotion if you are sensitive to the ingredients.
- Children aged less than 6 months should use this product only under medical supervision.
- If you accidentally contact the eyes with this lotion, rinse with water.
- Hedrin lotion might cause a slip hazard; therefore, take care to avoid accidental spills.
- Keep out of sight and out of reach of children.
- Store the spray inside the carton.
- After use, recycle the empty pack.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.