Use Daktarin Oral Gel for the effective treatment of oral thrush. It contains miconazole that works by killing the fungi that causes thrush and the associated bacteria. A soothing and pleasant tasting gel that helps to get rid of the irritation and soreness of the mouth that oral thrush can cause.
Oral thrush commonly occurs in babies but can also occur in adults as a side effect of antibiotics or due to conditions such as diabetes. In babies it isn't usually painful however, in adults it can cause a burning sensation.
A non-prescription oral thrush treatment, Daktarin Oral Gel contains miconazole which works hard to destroy the fungi that can cause thrush and other infections. It is a soothing gel with a pleasant taste that can help to relief the soreness and irritation that thrush can cause.
With a tasty orange flavour, Daktarin Oral Gel can be used by almost all ages. Great for preventing and treating fungal and bacterial infections that can irritate the mouth and throat such as oral thrush.
Miconazole works by interfering with the cell membranes of fungi and yeast and stopping the production of ergosterol, a substance which is an essential component of fungi.
Thrush is a fungal infection that commonly occurs in the genital area. It can however also present in the mouth as oral thrush. White spots, cream coloured or yellow spots spread throughout the mouth because the naturally occurring fungus is allowed to overgrow because of the change in chemistry of the mouth.
It is easily treatable with an antifungal gel like Daktarin Oral Gel and pain killers like paracetamol, aspirin or ibuprofen can be used to control the pain, can be taken simultaneously.
Adults and elderly, and children aged 6 years and over:
Use on the affected area 4 times daily.
Children 4 months to 6 years:
Use on the affected area twice daily.
To apply: squeeze a small amount of gel onto a clean finger and rub into the affected area.
Daktarin Oral Gel should be used for up to 2 days after symptoms have disappeared to prevent recurrence.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Pregelatinised Potato Starch, Ethanol, Polysorbate 20 (E432), Sodium Saccharin, Cocoa flavour, Orange flavour, Glycerol and Water.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- This product is not recommended for children under 4 months.
- After the symptoms have cleared, you should continue to use for up to 2 days.
- Avoid using this gel if you have any type of liver disease or if you have ever experienced in the past an allergic reaction to this product, or to miconazole or other ingredients.
- Avoid using this gel until you discuss with your doctor or pharmacist, if take the following medication: some drugs that lower your cholesterol, such as, lovastatin and simvastatin, triazolam and midazolam (taken by mouth) or antihistamine or hay fever product containing mizolastine or astemizole, terfenadine or if you are taking cisapride (used to treat some digestive conditions) or medication used to treat irregular heart beat rhythms such as dofetilide and quinidine or medication that is taken for insomnia or anxiety such as tranquillizers or pimozide for treating psychotic disorders.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.