Ibuprofen Gel 5% provides fast and effective pain relief direct to the point of inflammation or discomfort by a simple application to the skin where it is easily absorbed. It is particularly useful in the treatment of backache, rheumatic and muscular pain, sprains and strains as well as common arthritic conditions.
Look after your joints and avoid exercise that may aggravate joint pain like running long distances until you are feeling better. Gradually re-introduce exercise back in to your routine to avoid injuring yourself again.
Ibuprofen Gel 5% provides fast and effective pain relief direct to the point of inflammation or discomfort by a simple application to the skin.
The gel is easily absorbed and directed to target the exact point of pain, which means that is acts quickly and effectively, as well as negating the risk of side effects which can be associated with taking painkilling tablets.
The formula has been designed and tested by UK experts to ensure the active ingredient of ibuprofen penetrates the skin exactly where it is needed.
It is particularly useful in the treatment of backache, rheumatic and muscular pain, sprains and strains as well as common arthritic conditions.
Adults, including the elderly and children 12 years and over:
- Apply this gel to the skin.
- Apply 5 to 10 cm of the gel into the affected area and gently rub until fully absorbed.
- Reapply as needed every four hours.
- Apply no more than four times in 24 hours.
- Clean your hands before and after each application
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
Ibuprofen 5% w/w.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Purified Water.
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
Abdominal pain, dyspepsia, hypersensitivity/allergic reactions.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Avoid using this gel if allergic to the ingredients, or if you have known allergy to ibuprofen, aspirin, or related analgesics or if you are expecting or if you have nettle rash, asthma, inflammation of the inside of the nose, or kidney failure.
- Avoid use of this product on children less than 12 years of age.
- Discontinue using this gel and inform your pharmacist or doctor if you experience the following or other unwanted effects: difficulty in breathing, sudden wheeziness, itching, rash, blistering or serious peeling of the skin and swelling of the face, eyelids or lips.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.