Anyone who suffers from allergies such as hay fever and skin reactions will know the discomfort and inconvenience they can cause. If you want an effective product that can prevent and treat allergic reactions, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets is an excellent choice and is very simple to take.
Cetirizine can also be taken for insect bites and provides relief all day long. For patients who react badly to bites and stings, hydrocortisone cream 1% can also be applied to unbroken skin.
When you use Cetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets to prevent or alleviate the symptoms of allergies, you can benefit from having a treatment that you can simply take on a once daily basis for fast, effective relief. These tablets are film coated and will provide you with the relief you want from irritating and frustrating allergies.
The film coating makes the tablets easier to swallow, which makes it easier for those who are not particularly keen on taking tablets. Another thing to bear in mind with this treatment is that it will not cause drowsiness for most people, so you should be able to take it without causing any disruption to your day.
Adults and children over 6 years:
The usual dose is one tablet once daily.
Children under 6: Not suitable. Cetirizine Hydrochloride 5mg/5ml Oral Solution or Zirtek solution is recommended instead.
Please do not exceed the maximum daily dose of 1 tablet a day.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate, colloidal anhydrous silica, magnesium stearate.
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
Drowsiness, headache, dizziness, agitation, dry mouth or gastrointestinal discomfort.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- The balance of risks versus rewards of any medication must be considered when you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- It is only recommend under a medical supervision.
- This includes if your are thinking of becoming pregnant too.
- Do not take if you are allergic or sensitive to any of the ingredients.
- This product should be avoided in people with kidney and liver condition without a medical consultation.
- Being a second generation antihistamine, cetirizine has a much lower chance of causing drowsiness but if it does effect you in this way then do not drive or operate any tools or machines.
- Avoid alcohol whilst taking these tablets as it may make the effects of alcohol worse (e.g. drowsiness and dizziness).
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.