These slow release Colpermin Capsules are specially formulated with peppermint oil as the active ingredient to provide gentle and fast relief from the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome by relaxing the bowel muscle to help relieve the tight knotting and painful cramps while also helping to remove the pockets of trapped wind that cause bloating.
Reducing stress with relaxation techniques, mediation, exercises like yoga, pilates or regular exercise like walking or cycling, can help lower the severity or frequency of IBS symptoms. Probiotics can help and Optibac include a bowel calming capsules in their range.
Irritable bowel syndrome is a collection of symptoms which often include painful abdominal spasms, griping, cramping, bloating, diarrhoea or constipation. Using Colpermin Capsules will help in the relief of these uncomfortable and painful symptoms and can help to regulate the bowels.
The capsules are coated to resist the stomach acid and so stay intact until they can dissolve where they are most needed in the end of the small bowel. Specially formulated to provide targeted, effective and soothing relief from the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Always read the instructions carefully and if symptoms persist after two weeks, consult your doctor.
Adults, the elderly and adolescents 15 years and over:
- Take one capsule three times each day with a glass of water.
- Avoid taking the capsules immediately after eating food.
- Increase the dosage to a maximum of two capsules three times daily if the discomfort and pain is more severe.
- Ensure you read carefully all labels and product packaging before using this product.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
Peppermint oil 0.2ml per capsule.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Gelatin, colloidal silica, titanium dioxide (E171), indigotine (E132), eudragit S100, endragit L30 D55, triethyl citrate, ammonia solution 10%, monostearin, polyethylene glycol 4000, talc, purified water, beeswax and refined arachis (peanut) oil.
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
- Although, Colpermin is generally tolerated very well, occasionally unwanted reactions such as anal irritation and heartburn may occur.
- Discontinue taking this medication and consult your pharmacist or doctor for advice, if you have the tendency to suffer from heartburn and this treatment seems to exacerbate the symptoms.
- Avoid chewing or breaking the capsules before swallowing because the peppermint oil might irritate the gullet and mouth.
- If individuals are allergic to menthol or peppermint oil, there are rare cases where slow pulse rate, a rash, clumsiness, headache, or tremors might occur especially when alcohol has been taken.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- The capsules should not chewed or broken but should be swallowed whole.
- Discontinue treatment in patients who already suffer from heartburn as they occasionally make the symptom worsen after taking Colpermin.
- Avoid taking these capsules if you have known allergy to peanut since Colpermin capsules contains Arachis oil (peanut oil).
- Avoid Colpermin capsules if you are allergic to soya, as there is a possible relationship between allergy to soya and allergy to peanut.
- Consult your doctor before using the medication if the symptoms have changed, or if you had a recent foreign travel or if this is the initial presentation of these symptoms for confirmation of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Contact your doctor before using this medication if you are aged above 40 years and some time has elapsed since the last attack.
- Discuss with your doctor before using the product if you are pale, or feeling sick and tired, or if you have severe constipation or you have fever or you are vomiting or you have loss of weight or loss of appetite, or if blood has been passed from the bowel.
- If you are planning to become expecting or you are pregnant, or if you have pain or difficulty passing urine of if you have abnormal discharge or vaginal bleeding, you should consult your doctor before using this medication.
- Consult your doctor if the condition worsens or there are new symptoms or failure to improve over a period of 2 weeks.
- This medication is not recommended children under 15 years.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.