Dulcolax Pico Liquid 5mg/5ml is a fruit flavoured solution that provides effective short term relief from constipation with fast acting results. Useful for those people who have swallowing difficulties such as dysphagia. Dulcolax solution can also be useful for emptying the bowel prior to abdominal radiological procedures.
Constipation can be uncomfortable or painful. Painkillers can be taken to help ease the pain such aspirin, ibuprofen or paracetemol. Avoid painkillers with codeine in them as this can cause constipation as a side effect.
Dulcolax Pico Liquid 5mg/5ml is a fruit flavoured solution that provides effective short term relief from constipation with fast acting results.
Useful for those people who have swallowing difficulties such as dysphagia.
Each 5ml contains 5mg of sodium picosulfate, which is a stimulant laxative. It has a stimulating effect that helps to empty the bowel, providing short term relief of constipation and can also help the bowel to return to normal regular function.
Adults, including the elderly and children 10 years and over:
Take one to two 5 ml spoonfuls at night.
If your bowel regularity has returned to normal, the dosage can be stopped.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Carmellose Sodium, Methyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E218), Propyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E216), Glycerol, Aroma Tutti Frutti (flavouring), Saccharin Sodium, Sunset Yellow FCF (E110), Ethanol (5.9% v/v), Sodium Hydroxide Solution and Water.
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
Vomiting or nausea, diarrhoea, abdominal cramps, discomfort or pain.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Avoid taking this medication and consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if you are allergic to the ingredients in the product such as Sodium Picosulfate or, if you are suffering from ileus, or if you have inflammation of the small and large intestine or if you have serious abdominal pain with nausea and vomiting or if you have severe dehydration, or if you have severe abdominal condition for example appendicitis, or, if you have intestinal obstruction (a blocked bowel).
- If you are expecting or planning to become expecting or if you are breast-feeding, consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medication.
- Some medication can affect how Dulcolax Pico liquid works, and also Duloclax Pico liquid can affect how some other medication work, consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have recently taken or if you are taking the following medication obtained with or without a prescription: herbal medicines, diuretics (water tablets) for example Furosemide (Furosemide), or Bendrofluazide, steroids for example prednisolone or antibiotics.
- If you take more than the required dose, consult your doctor immediately. Discontinue taking this medicine and consult the doctor immediately, if you have serious allergic reactions.
- Dulcolax Pico liquid might cause rare unwanted effects that usually affect less than 1 individual in 1000 people, although not everybody gets them. These rare side effects might include rash, swelling of your skin, the face and mouth which might cause breathing or swallowing problems.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.