Dulcolax Suppositories 10mg are perfect for those seeking fast and effective relief from constipation. With the tested and safe compound Bisacodyl as an active ingredient, Dulcolax Suppositories will provide relief from constipation symptoms within 15 to 60 minutes. Ideal for people that may have swallowing difficulties and they are specially shaped for easy and gentle insertion.
You need to take laxatives for as long as it takes for the constipation to have passed. If it is uncomplicated then simple lifestyle changes should be enough to prevent re-occurrence.
Dulcolax Suppositories 10mg use bisacodyl as the active ingredient to provide fast and effective relief from constipation.
Ideal for people that have swallowing difficulties, Dulcolax Suppositories 10mg are specially shaped for easy insertion from a way sunstance that easily dissolves in the body for fast working local relief.
Because Dulcolax Suppositories function locally, results will be seen within 15 to 60 minutes after administration. Perfect for people who suffer from occasional constipation trouble. Get fast, easy to use and effective relief from uncomfortable symptoms with Dulcolax Suppositories.
Adults and children over 10 years:
Insert one suppository into the anal passage.
Use only one suppository each day.
How to insert a suppository
1. Remove the foil wrapping.
2. While lying on one side, draw your knees towards the chest, and maintain one leg in an higher position than the other.
3. Use your middle finger or index finger to push the suppository into the anus. The pointed end should go in first.
4. Insert it and then push the suppository gently as far as possible into the anal passage.
5. To ensure it touches the wall of the bowel, push it side-ways.
6. Ensure that you retain the suppository in position andyou can now lower your legs to a more comfortable postion.
7. Retain the suppository in position for at least 30 minutes. If the suppository feels like it might come out, push it inside as far as possible and try to maintain it in place for about 30 minutes, even if you feel like you urgently need to empty the bowel.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
Nausea, diarrhoea, abdominal cramps, discomfort or pain.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- If you are expecting or planning to become expecting or if you are breast-feeding, consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medication.
- Avoid taking this medication and consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if you are allergic to the ingredients in the product such as to hard fat or Bisacodyl,or if you are suffering from ileus, or if you have inflammation of the small and large intestine or if you have anal fissures (cracking of the skin around the anal passage), or if you have ulcerative proctitis (ulcers or inflammation around the anal passage), or if you have serious abdominal pain with nausea and vomiting or if you have severe dehydration, or if you have severe abdominal condition for example appendicitis, or, if you have intestinal obstruction (a blocked bowel).
- Because some medication can affect how Dulcolax suppositories work, and also Dulcolax suppositories can affect how some other medication work, consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have recently taken or if you are taking the following medication obtained with or without a prescription: herbal medicines, diuretics (water tablets - e.g. Furosemide or Bendrofluazide), or steroids (e.g. prednisolone).
- If you take more than the required dose, consult your doctor immediately.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.