An easy way to replace essential body water and salts in cases of acute vomiting and diarrhoea in infants, children and adults. Dioralyte Sachets Blackcurrant is a pleasant tasting preventative and treatment for dehydration, suitable for adults and children.
Dioralyte not only replaces the fluids lost during vomiting and diarrhoea, it also replaces lost electrolytes that are just as important to keeping you healthy.
Dioralyte Sachets Blackcurrant are used to help replace essential body water and salts in cases of acute vomiting and diarrhoea in infants, children and adults. Using electrolytes to help the body absorb more water, this powder is pleasant tasting and easily dissolves in water.
Additional tips for travellers:-
When travelling abroad, getting diarrhoea is pretty likely. It affects about 30-50% of travellers to tropical destinations, so you may as well be prepared.
Although there are other causes of travellers diarrhoea, your risk of getting ill mainly depends on how likely it is that the food and drink you are consuming is contaminated with disease-causing microorganisms (although roughly one third of cases are due to non-specific causes such as stress, jet lag and changes in eating habits).
For travellers abroad we have packs of dioralyte and antibiotics for travellers diarrhoea. They can be accessed though our Online Doctor today.
Adults and children 2 years and over:
- Mix the contents of one sachet in 200ml of fresh drinking water.
- If fresh drinking water is not available, freshly boiled and cooled water should be used.
- The solution should be mixed just before use and any solution that has not been used after one hour should be discarded.
- When mixed with water the mixture appears as a milky coloured solution.
- Adults and children should use 1 sachet after each loose motion and up to a maximum of five sachets every day for three to four days.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
Glucose anhydrous 3.56g, Sodium chloride 0.47g, Potassium chloride 0.3g.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- The contents of each sachets should be dissolved in 200mls of water (other diluents are not recommended).
- The quantity of water used is important, as too much water will dilute the concentration and too little water will cause an electrolyte imbalance.
- Only use water to make the solution.
- Patients with liver and kidney disease should not self medicate and should seek medical attention from their doctor.
- For oral administration only.
- If diarrhoea persists unremittingly for longer than 24-48 hours the patient should be seen by a physician.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.