Ovex Suspension Banana Family Pack: This is a treatment for threadworm which contains Mebendazole, an active ingredient known for effectively dealing with the threat of threadworms though these tablets may not kill the eggs. As a result, all family members should take this medication simultaneously.
Treating the whole family at the same time and instilling a handwashing regime is important to stop the life cycle of threadworms. Everyone that is infected should cut their nails short to prevent eggs sticking under fingernails.
All you need is a single dose of Ovex Suspension Banana to kill threadworms but there is a chance that the medication will not destroy their eggs. As a result, all members of a family should be treated with Ovex if one person has threadworm to prevent the risk of re-infection.
This Ovex Suspension Banana Family Pack has six doses of 5ml each and contains the active ingredient Mebendazole which makes this an effective medication against threadworm. Keep your family safe by having them all take Ovex together.
Adults and children over 2 years:
Take one 5ml dose only.
Another dose can be given after 14 days if required.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
5ml of suspension contains 100mg mebendazole.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Sucrose, Microcrystalline cellulose and carmellose sodium, Methylcellulose 15 mPa.s, Methylparahydroxybenzoate (E218), Propylparahydroxybenzoate (E216), Sodium laurilsulfate, Banana flavour, Citric Acid Monohydrate, Purified Water.
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
Diarrhoea, abdominal discomfort and flatulence.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- A single dose of Ovex suspension will kill threadworms but may not eradicate their eggs, which usually causes re-infection and also infection to other individuals.
- Treating all family members at the same time (except children under two years, expectant or breast feeding mothers) is strongly recommended in order to prevent re-infection.
- Read all labels and product packaging carefully before use. Unless recommended by your doctor, this medication should not be given to children under 2 years of age.
- Consult your doctor before taking this suspension if you have intolerance to some sugars or if you are taking any other medication such as cimetidine used to treat stomach acidity.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.