Designed for use by women who are suffering from vaginal thrush, Canesten Pessary 500mg is a single dose treatment that can provide fast and effective relief from this uncomfortable and embarrassing condition. This treatment is able to tackle the infection at the source in order to provide relief for sufferers.
To prevent thrush, use unperformed soaps or toiletries to wash the vaginal area and avoid latex condoms and spermicides. These can all upset the environment in the vagina and cause thrush to overgrow.
Anyone who suffers from thrush will be keen to find a suitable and appropriate treatment that can quickly and effectively get to work in order to clear the infection. This is where Canesten Pessary 500mg can help, as this is a single dose treatment that will get to work quickly and efficiency to get rid of the infection as soon as possible.
This means that you can look forward to speedy relief from the symptoms of this condition with a treatment that is fast, simple, and convenient to take. You simply insert the pessary into the vagina and wait for the treatment to start taking effect.
Using a probiotic supplement will help replace the bacteria and maintain a healthy balance and prevent thrush from occurring. OptiBac has a range of probiotics to suit your lifestyle.
Adults, including the elderly (under 60 years old) and children 16 years and over:
Using the applicator, insert one pessary into the vagina at night.
Ensure you wash your hands before and after inserting the pessary.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, lactic acid, maize starch, crospovidone, calcium lactate pentahydrate, magnesium stearate, colloidal anhydrous silica and hypromellose.
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
Vaginal irritation and burning sensation.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Consult your doctor if this is your first time to experience candidal vaginitis symptoms.
- If you or your partner has ever had a sexually transmitted disease, or if you have had more than 2 candidal vaginitis in the last 6 months, consult your doctor before using the product.
- If you are aged over 60 years of age or under 16 years of age, or if you have ever had an allergic reaction to vaginal antifungal products including imidazoles and Canesten, consult your doctor before using the product.
- Avoid using the product, if you are pregnant, or trying to become pregnant.
- Consult your doctor before using the product if you have irregular and abnormal vaginal bleeding or foul smelling vaginal discharge or blood-stained discharge, nausea or vomiting, fever or chills, diarrhoea, vaginal or vulval ulcers, sores or blisters, dysuria, lower abdominal pain or adverse events such as irritation, redness or swelling associated with this product.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.