Erythromycin 250mg tablets are available to buy online to treat rosacea in adults. They can help to clear up rosacea by killing the bacteria that cause the condition. Erythromycin is normally used where treatment with a topical rosacea treatment has failed.
Erythromycin tablets are normally used to treat rosacea when other topical treatments have failed. For those who are looking to treat their rosacea for the first time, you may wish to start with Mirvaso, Rozex or Finacea. These are all topical applications (creams or gels) that are easy to apply to the affected areas and carry less risk of side effects than regular antibiotic tablets.
Erythromycin 250mg tablets are used to help to kill the bacteria that are thought to live on the skin and cause rosacea. Erythromycin should be taken as a six week course to treat rosacea. You should finish the course even if you think your rosacea has cleared up. If your rosacea has not fully cleared up by the end of the six week course, another six week course can be taken. If there is no effect after a twelve weeks, another treatment, such as Mirvaso or Rozex, should be tried or you should seek further advice forom your doctor.
Erythromycin tablets are suitable for people suffering with rosacea that have already tried at least one topical treatment without success.
Take TWO tablets TWICE daily for 6 - 12 weeks.
Erythromycin can be taken with or without food.
If you forget to take a dose take it as soon as you remember, unless it is nearly time for your next dose. In this case leave out the missed dose and just take your next dose as usual. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
Each tablet contains 250mg erythromycin as the active ingredient.
The other inactive ingredients are: Maize starch, Croscarmellose sodium Type A, Povidone, Talc, Magnesium stearate(E572), Hypromellose(E464), Macrogol 6000, Erythrosine(E127), Methacrylic acid ethylacrylate copolymer (1:1) and Polysorbate 80(E433).
All medicines have the potential to cause side effects however most people will not experience any of the following:
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Abdominal pain.
- Allergic skin reactions, such as rashes, hives or itching.
- Disturbances of liver function.
- Inflammation of the liver (hepatitis).
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice).
- Inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis).
- Reversible hearing loss (usually only after large doses).
- Abnormal heart beats (arrhythmias).
- Inflammation of the large intestine (colitis).
If you do experience any of these unwanted side effects you should speak to your doctor or contact us for advice.
Prolonged treatment with antibiotics can sometimes cause overgrowth of other micro-organisms and can result in vaginal thrush in some women.
Always fully read the patient information leaflet with your medicine before taking Erythromycin tablets.
Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, it is important that you finish the prescribed course of this erythromycin, even if your rosacea appears to have cleared up. Stopping the course early increases the chance that it will come back and that the bacteria will grow resistant to the antibiotic.
Broad-spectrum antibiotics, like erythromycin, can sometimes cause inflammation of the bowel (colitis). For this reason, if you get diarrhoea that becomes severe or persistent or contains blood or mucus, either during or after taking this medicine, you should consult your doctor immediately.
Erythromycin tablets should not be taken during pregnancy or breastfeeding unless under strict supervision by your doctor.
If you suffer with any of the following medical conditions you should not purchase Erythromycin online as they may not be safe to take:
- Decreased liver function.
- Severely decreased kidney function.
- Abnormal heart rhythm seen on a heart monitoring trace (ECG) as a 'prolonged QT interval', or people at risk of this (your doctor will know).
- Abnormal muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- Hereditary blood disorders called porphyrias.
If you are taking any of the following medicines you should not buy Erythromycin tablets online as they may interact with your current medicines:
- Warfarin (thins the blood)
- Cisapride (used for stomach disorders)
- Pimozide (used in the treatment of psychiatric disorders)
- Clarithromycin (antibiotic used to treat certain infections)
- Ergotamine or dihydroergotamine (for migraine)
- Zopiclone (induces sleep)
- Theophylline (helps breathing)
- Lovastatin (blood cholesterol lowering drugs)
- Midazolam or Triazolam
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.