Imigran 10mg Nasal Spray is available to order online from The Independent Pharmacy Online Doctor for the treatment of migraines. Imigran 10mg Nasal Spray contain the active ingredient Sumatriptan which causes expanded blood vessels in the brain to contract and thereby helping to relieve migraines. Imigran 10mg Nasal Spray offers effective relief for migraines, especially where tablets cannot be swallowed or where there is nausea & sickness.
Sumtriptan (the active ingredient in Imigran Nasal Spray) causes the blood vessels in the brain to contract. As some of the changes that occur in the brain to trigger a migraine attack are believed to involve the blood vessels widening, triptans (such as Sumatriptan) help to reverse this process and relieve the symptoms of migraine. They may also have some effect by stabilising some of the chemical changes that occur in the brain during a migraine attack. Imigran Nasal Spray usually starts to work after 30 minutes, therefore it important to use it as soon as possible into a migraine attack. Imigran Nasal Spray may not work for everyone, where it does not work alternative 'triptans', such as almotriptan (Almogran) and favotriptan (Migard) are worth trying.
Imigran 10mg Nasal Spray can be used with painkillers such as paracetamol, ibuprofen or codeine or with antisickness medicines such as Buccastem, to help treat any additional symptoms associated with your migraines. You should not take any other migraine treatments containing 'triptans' whilst you are taking Imigran Nasal Spray.
Imigran Nasal Spray is appropriate for use in people who cannot take tablets, those who suffer with nausea and sickness as part of their migraine symptoms, and those who get migraines that come on very rapidly. It offers and easy alternative when taking tablets is not possible or appropriate and offers a fast onset for quick relief of symptoms.
Imigran 10mg Nasal Spray is suitable as the starting dose for those new to sumatriptan or Imigran Nasal Spray. If this is found to be ineffective, you can increase the strength of your treatment to Imigran Nasal Spray 20mg.
Imigran Nasal Spray should be used to treat a migraine attack, not to prevent one. You should use ONE spray of Imigran 10mg Nasal Spray into ONE nostril as soon as possible at the onset of migraines. Do not use another dose for at least 2 hours. Do not use more than 2 sprays of Imigran Nasal Spray in 24 hours.
You should not use any other 'triptan' migraine treatment whilst you are using Imigran Nasal Spray, this includes sumatriptan, naratriptan and favotriptan. You can use painkillers and antisickness medicines with Imigran Nasal Spray.
How to use an Imigran Nasal Spray
Imigran Nasal Sprays come in indivudual blister packs. Do not open a blister until you are ready to use the spray. Blow your nose before use if it feels blocked.
- Hold the spray with your index and middle fingers each side on the nozzle and your thumb resting on the blue plunger.
- Insert the nozzle into one nostril (about 1cm or 1/2 inch in) and block the other using a finger by pressing firmly on hte side of your nose.
- Start to breathe in gently through your nose and out through your mouth.
- As you breath in, press the blue plunger firmly with your thumb, keep breathing in whilst it is spraying.
- Remove the spray and unblock your other nostril.
- Keep breathing in gently through your nose and out through your mouth for 10 seconds. Your nose may feel wet and you may detect a slight taste after using the spray - this is normal.
- Discard the used spray.
Imigran 10mg Nasal Spray contains sumatriptan 10mg as the active ingredient.
Imigran Nasal Spray also contains the following inactive ingredients: potassium dihydrogen phosphate, dibasic sodium phosphate anhydrous, sulphuric acid, sodium hydroxide and purified water.
The side effects of Imigran 10mg Nasal Spray can include pain, heaviness, pressure or tightness in the chest, throat or other parts of the body, or unusual sensations, including numbness, tingling and warmth or cold. These effects may be intense but generally pass quickly. Please read the Patient Information Leaflet enclosed with your medicines for a full list of side effects.
Other common side effects include:
- Feeling sick (nausea) or being sick (vomiting), although this may be due to the migraine itself
- Tiredness or drowsiness
- Dizziness, feeling weak, or getting hot flushes
- Temporary increase in blood pressure
- Shortness of breath
Imigran (Sumatriptan) has been widely used for many years and is generally considered a safe drug.
Imigran can cause a temporary narrowing of blood vessels. People who have had strokes or mini-strokes, have problems with poor circulation, or a history of angina (heart pain on exertion) or a have had heart attacks should not use Imigran Nasal Spray.
Even in people who have never had circulation problems sumatriptan can in rare situations trigger serious heart problems. The following groups should check with their GP before using Imigran Nasal Spray:
- Heavy smokers
- Men over 40
- Women after the menopause
In some rare serious cases migraine headaches are associated with paralysis, loss of vision and loss of speech. Imigran is not to be used in these cases.
- Before self medicating for headaches it is best to see a GP for a diagnosis
- When headaches start for the first time over the age of 40
- When headaches are getting more frequent and lasting longer
- When headaches are different from before or there are new symptoms
You should not use Imigran Nasal Spray if:
- You are allergic to sumatriptan or any of the ingredients
- You have high blood pressure
- You have severely reduced liver function
- You use, or have recently used, ergotamine or similar medicines (e.g. methsergide maleate) or MAO inhibitors (e.g. moclobemide or selegiline).
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.