Levitra increases the blood flow to the penis helping to achieve and maintain a satisfactory erection. Levitra will only help to produce an erection if you are sexually aroused, it will not help to get an erection without stimulation. Levitra has been shown to be more effective at treating men over 50 as well as those with other health risks such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or diabetes.
- Eat a balanced diet: Regularly eating fatty foods will not only make you overweight but will contribute to blocking your arteries and reducing blood flow to the penis.
- Reduce alcohol consumption: Alcohol acts to depress the central nervous system making it harder to achieve an erection.
Levitra contains the active ingredient vardenafil, which is similar in action to sildenafil. They are taken when required for and in some cases can act within 25 minutes.
Please read the Patient Information Leaflet for side effects and additional information.
Pharmacist tip: Levitra should be started at a dose of 10mg at least 25 minutes to 1 hour before sexual intercourse and adjusted accordingly. It lasts for 4 – 5 hours and you should try to avoid large or high-fat meals around the same time as it may reduce the effectiveness of Levitra.
- You should take one tablet at least 25 minutes before sex.
- Levitra can take up to an hour to take effect in some men, although it can take effect in as little as 15 – 20 minutes in some men.
- Levitra can produce an effect for up to 4 – 5 hours, although occasionally it can last longer.
- You should never take more than tablet for erectile dysfunction (Viagra, Cialis, or Levitra) in a 24-hour period.
- You should take Levitra on an empty stomach or after a light meal and try to limit your alcohol intake to ensure it remains effective.
If you do experience side effects from Levitra they may include headache, flushing, and nasal congestion. Levitra has a small risk of nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, and skin rash as with all medicines. Please read the Patient Information Leaflet enclosed with your medicines for a full list of side effects.
If you experience any adverse effects from taking your prescribed medicine it is important to let us know immediately. Please log in to your online account and message one of our healthcare professionals or alternatively call us on 0117 971 1603. In a medical emergency you should contact the emergency services or go straight to your local Accident & Emergency.
When combined with nitrates or alpha-blockers, Levitra can cause a dangerous drop in blood pressure. You should have checked this during your consultation but if you are in any doubt do not take Levitra and contact us via your online account. You should also avoid using the recreational drug ‘Poppers’, also called ‘Aromas’ or ‘Room Odourisers’ as these also contain nitrates.
Levitra may be taken with alpha-blockers, provided there is at least a six-hour gap between the medicines, however it must never be taken with nitrates.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.