Priligy 60mg tablets can reduce the worry associated with fast ejaculation and help to improve self-confidence and sexual relationships. Priligy 60mg can increase the time to ejaculation by up to 300% in some men. Buy Priligy today from The Independent Pharmacy for fast, effective treatment of Premature Ejaculation.
- If you find that premature ejaculation causes you emotional distress we recommend you speak your GP or attend couples therapy with your partner.
- Try using 'Endurance', 'Delay', or 'Extra Safe' condoms. These are generally thicker to reduce sensitivity and help to prolong time to ejaculation.
Priligy 60mg Tablets are available to buy from The Independent Pharmacy Online Doctor service, following a free consultation, to help prevent malaria. To find out more about malaria and see all the available treatments, see our Online Doctor Premature Ejaculation page.
Priligy 60mg Tablets contain the active ingredient Dapoxetine. It is mainly used to treat the condition premature ejaculation. Priligy is manufactured by A. Menarini and are classified as a prescription-only-medicine (POM). Priligy comes in two strengths; 30mg and 60mg tablets. Each pack contains three tablets along with a comprehensive patient information leaflet.
Priligy 60mg Tablets are taken a couple of hours prior to sexual activity, providing an increase in the intra-vaginal ejaculatory latency in men. There is no set time for what classes as a premature ejaculation. However, the general consensus regards anything that lasts under two minutes to be premature. Priligy was originally developed for the treatment of depression. It has since been remarketed as a treatment for premature ejaculation, after proving to have a significant impact on the male ejaculation time. Clinical trials have shown that by using Priligy the duration of you sexual performance can increase by 200 to 300%. These drug trials also reported an increases ability to exert more control over an ejaculation, as well a greater sense of overall satisfaction.
To be able to ejaculate, a reflex must be transmitted from your brain to the sympathetic nervous system. To achieve this the body uses serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter responsible for passing messages between the nerve cells. Serotonin has numerous functions in the body, one of which is sending the necessary nerve messages that will result in an ejaculation.
The active ingredient in Priligy, Dapoxetine, belongs to a group of medicines known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). These work by increasing the activity of serotonin in the body’s nervous system, selectively inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin by the neural cells. This action stops the ejaculation expulsion reflex from reaching the brain too quickly, increasing the time it takes to ejaculate and improving control over the ejaculation.
Priligy 60mg Tablets can be prescribed online after an online assessment by a doctor to ensure they are appropriate to use. Priligy is usually prescribed for men between the ages of 18 and 64.
Please read the Patient Information Leaflet for side effects and additional information.
Pharmacist Tip: Priligy 60mg should be taken 1 – 3 hours before sex and has been shown to over double time to ejaculation and increase control over ejaculation in some men during clinical trials.
- You should take one tablet 1 – 3 hours before sex, it is most effective if taken within this window.
- Swallow the Priligy 60mg tablet whole with a full glass of water.
- You should never take more than one tablet of Priligy in a 24-hour period.
- Priligy can be taken with or without food.
- You should avoid alcohol with Priligy as it may enhance the effects of alcohol such as sleepiness, dizziness and slow reactions.
Each Priligy 60mg Tablets contain 60mg of dapoxetine per tablet.
The other ingredients are:
- Tablet core: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, colloidal anhydrous silica, magnesium stearate.
- Tablet coating: lactose monohydrate, hypromellose, titanium dioxide (E171), triacetin, Iron Oxide Black (E172), Iron Oxide Yellow (E172).
If you do experience side effects from Priligy 60mg they may include headache and dizziness. Priligy has a small risk of nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, and skin rash as with all medicines. Please read the Patient Information Leaflet enclosed with your medicines for a full list of side effects.
If you experience any adverse effects from taking your prescribed medicine it is important to let us know immediately. Please log in to your online account and message one of our healthcare professionals or alternatively call us on 0117 971 1603. In a medical emergency you should contact the emergency services or go straight to your local Accident & Emergency.
Very common side effects (may affect more than 1 in 10 men):
- Feeling dizzy
- Feeling sick.
Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 men):
- Feeling irritable, anxious, agitated or restless
- Feeling numb or having ‘pins and needles’
- Difficulty getting or keeping an erection
- Sweating more than normal or flushing
- Diarrhoea, constipation or having wind
- Stomach pain, bloating or being sick
- Problems sleeping or strange dreams
- Feeling tired or sleepy, yawning
- Blocked nose (nasal congestion)
- A rise in blood pressure
- Difficulty concentrating
- Shaking or trembling
- Lower interest in sex
- Ringing in the ears
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth.
Priligy 60mg interacts with a small number of other medicines. These will be checked during your online consultation with our GP. If you are unsure or wish to check your medicines for interactions with Priligy, check the Patient Information Leaflet enclosed with your medicine.
Priligy may be taken with medicines for erectile dysfunction such as Viagra, Cialis or Levitra, however it is important to stay well hydrated if you use this combination. This will help to reduce the slightly increased risk of dizziness or fainting.
Priligy does not always work for everyone the first time they use it. If this is the case you should not give up, guidance states that you should try Priligy at least 6 times before trying an alternative dose or treatment.
Stop taking Priligy and see your doctor straight away if:
- You have fits (seizures)
- You faint or feel light headed when you stand up
- You notice any changes in your mood
- You have any thoughts of suicide or harming yourself.
If you notice any of the above, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor straight away.
Fainting and low blood pressure
This medicine can make you faint or make your blood pressure drop when you stand up. To help lower the chance of this happening:
- Take this medicine with at least one full glass of water.
- Do not take this medicine if you are dehydrated (you do not have enough water in your body). This can happen if:
- You have not had anything to drink in the past 4 to 6 hours
- You have been sweating for a long time
- You have an illness where you have a high temperature, diarrhoea or being sick.
- If you feel like you might faint (such as feeling sick, feeling dizzy, light headed, confused, sweaty or an abnormal heart beat), or feel light headed when you stand up, immediately lie down so your head is lower than the rest of your body or sit down with your head between your knees until you feel better. This will stop you from falling and hurting yourself if you do faint.
- Do not stand up quickly after you have been sitting or lying down for a long time.
- Do not drive or use any tools or machines if you feel faint when taking this medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you faint when taking this medicine.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.