If you are suffering with Erectile Dysfunction (ED), Spedra 50mg tablets are the newest ED treatment available to buy from our Online Doctor following a free consultation. Spedra claims to have the fastest onset of all impotence treatments, working in as little as 20 minutes. Spedra 50mg tablets are available to buy online with fast, discreet delivery.
Spedra 50mg tablets are available from The Independent Pharmacy Online Doctor service, following a free consultation, to help treat erectile dysfunction (ED) in men. This is when you cannot get, or keep a hard, erect penis suitable for sexual activity. To find out more about erectile dysfunction and see all the available treatments, see our Online Doctor Erectile Dysfunction page.
Spedra contains the active substance avanafil. It is the newest medicine in the class of PDE-5 inhibitors that include Viagra, Cialis & Levitra. Like the other ED treatments, Spedra works by increasing blood flow to the penis resulting in the increased ability to gain a satisfying erection when you are sexually excited. Spedra will only work in response to sexual stimulation so you and your partner will need to engage in foreplay – the same as if you were not taking the medicine.
Spedra 50mg tablets are the lowest dose of Spedra on the market, for patients who have taken Spedra 100mg or other erectile dysfunction treatments before and found that they are too strong or produce unwanted side effects. Spedra 50mg is normally a sufficient strength to treat ED however, as with all ED medicines, Spedra isn’t always successful the first time you take it, it can take a few attempts for your body to get used to the treatment. It is recommended to take a particular dose of Spedra at least eight times before attempting to increase the dose or switch to a different erectile dysfunction treatment.
Spedra 50mg tablets help to resolve the physical causes of erectile dysfunction, the result of poor blood flow to the penis due to narrowing or blocked arteries. If psychological issues such as problems in a relationship, depression or anxiety cause ED, Spedra can still help to improve the symptoms. However, to help to resolve the underlying condition in the long-term it may be advisable to discuss any issues with your GP or therapist.
- You should take one Spedra 50mg tablet around 30 minutes before sex.
- Spedra can take up to 60 - 90 minutes to take effect in some men if it is taken on a full stomach after a large meal.
- Spedra can produce an effect for up to 4 – 5 hours.
- You should never take more than tablet for erectile dysfunction (Spedra, Viagra, Cialis, or Levitra) in a 24-hour period.
- You should take Spedra on an empty stomach and try to limit your alcohol intake to ensure it remains effective.
Spedra does not always work for everyone the first time they use it. If this is the case you should not give up, guidance states that you should try Spedra at least 8 times before trying an alternative dose or treatment. If you find Spedra 50mg tablets effective and do not experience any serious side effects you can request a repeat order via your online account. If you followed the above guidance and still find Spedra 50mg ineffective you may wish to increase the strength to Spedra 100mg tablets, or alternatively try a different medicine such as Viagra, Cialis or Levitra.
Each Spedra 50mg tablet contains 50mg of avanafil per tablet as the active ingredient.
Spedra 50mg tablets also contain the following inactive ingredients: mannitol, fumaric acid, hydroxypropylcellulose, low substituted hydroxypropylcellulose, calcium carbonate, magnesium stearate and ferric oxide yellow (E172).
As Spedra 50mg tablets are the lowest strength Sperda available, they are least likely to produce side effects. Not everyone will experience side effects however, if you do experience side effects from Spedra 50mg tablets they are likely to be mild and may include headache, flushing, light headedness and rarely a stuffy nose or indigestion. Spedra has a small risk of nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, and skin rash as with all medicines. Please read the Patient Information Leaflet enclosed with your medicines for a full list of side effects.
Stop taking Spedra and see a doctor straight away if you notice any of the following serious side effects – you may need urgent medical treatment:
- an erection that will not go away (“priapism”). If you get an erection that lasts more than 4 hours, this must be treated as soon as possible or lasting damage can happen to your penis (including not being able to get erections).
- blurred vision.
- sudden decrease or loss of vision in one or both eyes.
- sudden decrease or loss of hearing (sometimes you may also feel dizzy or have ringing in your ears).
If you experience any adverse effects from taking your prescribed medicine it is important to let us know immediately. Please log in to your online account and message one of our healthcare professionals or alternatively call us on 0117 971 1603. In a medical emergency you should contact the emergency services or go straight to your local Accident & Emergency.
Do not take Spedra:
- If you are allergic to avanafil or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6)
- If you are taking “nitrate” medicines for chest pain (angina), such as amyl nitrite or glyceryl trinitrate. Spedra can increase the effects of these medicines and severely lower your blood pressure
- If you are taking medicines for HIV or AIDS such as ritonavir, indinavir, saquinavir, nelfinavir or atazanavir
- If you are taking medicines for fungal infections such as ketoconazole, itraconazole or voriconazole or certain antibiotics for bacterial infections, such as clarithromycin or telithromycin
- If you have a serious cardiac problem
- If you have had a stroke or heart attack in the last 6 months
- If you have an irregular heartbeat (“arrhythmia”) or heart problems that run in your family, as shown on a heart tracing (ECG)
- If you have low blood pressure or high blood pressure not controlled by medicines
- If you have chest pain (angina) or you get chest pain during sexual intercourse
- If you have a serious liver or kidney problem
- If you have loss of vision in one eye due to not enough blood getting to your eye (non-arteritic ischemic optic neuropathy [NAION])
- If certain serious eye problems run in your family (such as retinitis pigmentosa).
Do not take Spedra if any of the above apply to you. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Spedra.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Spedra:
- If you have heart trouble. It may be risky for you to have sexual intercourse
- If you suffer from priapism, that is a persistent erection lasting 4 hours or more. This can happen in men with conditions like sickle cell disease, multiple myeloma or leukaemia.
- If you have a physical condition that affects the shape of your penis (such as angulation, Peyronie’s disease or cavernosal fibrosis)
- If you have any bleeding disorder or active peptic ulceration.
If any of the above apply to you talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Spedra. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Problems with your sight or hearing
Some men taking medicines like Spedra have had problems with their sight and hearing – see “Serious side effects” in section 4 for more details. It is not known if these problems are related directly to Spedra, other diseases that you may have or a combination of factors.
Spedra with food and alcohol
Grapefruit juice can increase exposure to the medicine and should be avoided within 24 hours prior to taking Spedra.
Drinking alcohol at the same time as taking Spedra may increase your heart rate and lower your blood pressure. You may feel dizzy (especially when standing), have a headache or feel your heart beating in your chest (palpitations). Drinking alcohol may also decrease your ability to get an erection.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.