Vitaros cream is an easy-to-apply, fast-acting topical treatment for erectile dysfunction in men. It is a great option for treating ED where tablets such as Viagra or Cialis have not been effective or are not a desirable solution. Vitaros cream can help to produce a satisfactory erection in as little as five minutes and normally produces an effect for one to two hours.
Important: Vitaros cream should be stored in the fridge. During delivery it can be outside of fridge conditions for up to 72 hours. You should immediately store Vitaros in the fridge upon your order being delivered.
Vitaros cream contains the active ingredient alprostadil and is used from the treatment of ED in men. It is applied when required before sex to help achieve an erection in 5 - 30 minutes. Vitaros is fast and easy to apply and may be more convenient for some men than taking a tablet. Due to the local effects it produces, Vitaros cream normally only produces an effect for around one to two hours, rather than the standard four to six hours of most tablet ED treatments. This may be beneficial in some men that only want a short period of action due to side effects or for other reasons.
Vitaros cream requires storage in the fridge. It can be kept out of the fridge for a period of 72 hours and still retain its effectiveness. Stoarge outside a fridge for longer than 72 hours may make the product less effective at producing an erection and use is not recommended. When Vitaros is delivered to you it should be immediately stored in the fridge to ensure the product remains viable. You can then take it out of the fridge on the day of use to ensure it is applied at room temperature or to take with you if travelling.
Like all ED medicines, Vitaros may not be fully effective the first time you use it. You should use at least four applications on separate occasions before trying a different treatment. You should never apply more than one dose of Vitaros, even if the first is ineffective.
Vitaros cream is a novel and convenient treatment for erectile dysfunction, however the cream does not act as a contracpetive and does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases. A condom should still be used with Vitaros.
Vitaros cream is generally well-tolerated with few side effects. Most side effects that are experienced are local and only last for one to two hours. This may make Vitaros a good option for men who cannot use ED tablets, such as Viagra, Cialis or Levitra, due to intolerable side effects.
Please read the Patient Information Leaflet before you use Vitaros.
Vitaros cream comes in single dose containers that should be discarded after use.
Vitaros should only be used once in a 24 hour period and should not normally be used more than two to three times a week.
After application of Vitaros, you should see an effect in 5 - 30 minutes. The effects normally last for one to two hours, however the speed of onset and duration of effects can vary between individuals.
As with all erectile dysfunction treatments, if you get an erection that lasts longer than four hours you should seek medical treatment immediately.
How to apply Vitaros cream
Wash your hands. Remove the dosing device from the foil sachet and keep the sachet for disposing of the dosing device later. Remove the cap from the tip of the dosing device.
Hold the tip of the penis with one hand and gently widen the opening of the penis. You may need to hold back your foreskin to do this.
Holding the barrel of the dosing device between your fingers, gently place the tip of the device at the opening of the penis. Slowly (over 5 - 10 seconds) push down the plunger until all the cream has been dispensed. You should not put the tip of the device into the opening of your penis.
Hold the penis in an upright position for around 30 seconds to allow the cream to penetrate. Not all cream will will enter the opening of the penis, this is normal. Gently rub an excess cream into the area surrounding the opening of the penis using your finger. You should never use a second dose of Vitaros cream to make up for any cream that doesn't enter the penis opening.
Place the empty dosing device into the foil sachet and discard. Wash your hands to remove any excess cream.
For instructions on applying Vitaros that include diagrams, please read the information leaflet enclosed with your medicine.
Each single dosing device of Vitaros cream contains alprostadil 300 micrograms in 100mg of cream.
The other ingredients in the cream are: purified water; ethanol (anhydrous); ethyl laurate;hydroxypropyl guar gum; dodecyl-2-N,N-dimethylaminopropionate hydrochloride; potassium dihydrogen phosphate; sodium hydroxide, for pH adjustment; phosphoric acid, for pH adjustment.
Vitaros cream, like all medicines, can produce side effects. If you do experience side effects from Vitaros, it may mean your dose is too high and needs to be lowered. Most side effects are not serious and only last for one to two hours. Side effects can include:
Common side effects (may affect more than 1 in 10 patients):
- Mild to moderate local aching, burning or pain and redness of the penis
- Rash or itching
- Swelling of the penis (penile oedema)
- Inflammation of the glans penis (balantitis)
- Tingling, throbbing numbness or burning of the penis
- Mild vaginal burning or itching, vaginitis (this effect may be due to the drug or to the act of vaginal penetration. Using a water-based lubricant can help to make vaginal penetration easier).
Uncommon side effects (up to 1 in 100 patients):
Men who apply the cream:
- Prolonged erection for more than 4 hours
- Low blood pressure or rapid pulse
- Pain at the application site or in extremity
- Urethral stenosis
- Increase in sensitivity
- Penile itching
- Genital rash
- Scrotal pain
- Fullness in genital
- Lack of sensation in the penis
- Urinary tract inflammation
Women who are exposed to the cream during sex:
- vulvovaginal pruritus (itching
Increased sexual/physical activity in combination with Vitaros may increase the risk of heart attack or stroke in patients with underlying disease/risk factors
If any of the side effects listed become serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Vitaros cream is not suitable for use if:
- You have underlying disorders such as drop in blood pressure when going from a lying/sitting to a standing position, history of a heart attack, and syncope (dizziness).
- You are allergic to alprostadil or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- You have a condition that might result in a long-lasting erection or a condition such as sickle cell anaemia or trait, thrombocythemia, polycythemia, multiple myeloma, or leukaemia.
- You are taking medicines to prevent blood clots (increased risk of blood int he urine).
- You have an abnormally formed penis.
- You have an inflammation or infection of the penis.
- You are prone to a venous thrombosis.
- You have a hyperviscosity syndrome which could result in a long-lasting erection.
- You have been told not to have sex for health reasons such as heart problems or a recent stroke.
- Your partner is pregnant, breast feeding or of childbearing potential unless you use a condom barrier.
Vitaros is not suitable for online purchase if you have a history of the following local effects that have been observed with the use of Vitaros:
- Prolonged erections lasting >4 hours (priapism)
- Symptomatic hypotension (low blood pressure with dizziness)
- Hepatic and/or renal insufficiency (liver or kidney problems)
- You are taking medicines for high blood pressure (may cause dizziness and fainting)
A condom should always be used in the following situations when using Vitaros cream:
- Your partner is pregnant or breastfeeding
- Your partner is of childbearing potential
- To prevent sexually transmitted diseases
- During oral sex and anal sex
Pregnant women should not be exposed to Vitaros. It is not recommended to use Vitaros while breastfeeding.
It is not known whether Vitaros has an effect on human male fertility.
Vitaros may make you feel dizzy or faint. Do not drive or operate machinery within 1 to 2 hours after administration.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.