Warticon solution is available from The Independent Pharmacy Online Doctor to treat external genital warts. It is used in 7 day treatment cycles and normally treats genital warts in around 4 weeks. Warticon solution can be quickly and discreetly delivered to you with the need for a face-to-face consultation with your doctor - all you need to do is complete a simple health questionnaire.
Warticon solution is available to buy from The Independent Pharmacy Online Doctor service, following a free consultation, to treat external genital warts. To find out more about genital warts and see all the available treatments, see our Online Doctor Genital Warts page.
Warticon solution contains the active ingredient Podophyllotoxin, which is a plant extract used to treat and remove warts. Genital warts are caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV), and presents as small lumps that develop on the genitals and around the anus. Podophyllotoxin is a natural anti-viral treatment that attacks and destroys the human papilloma virus that causes genital warts. This will cause the wart cells to eventually die, which allows new healthy tissue to grow in its place. Warticon is applied to the genital warts for three consecutive days in weekly treatment cycles.
Warticon solution may be easier for males to apply than the cream due to the nature and position of the genitals. Women are normally advised to use Warticon cream to treat their genital warts.
Warticon solution is manufactured by Stiefel and is classified as a prescription only medicine (POM). One pack of Warticon contains a 3mL bottle of solution, which is usually enough for one month’s worth of treatment – this is normally sufficient for most people. Warticon solution should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from direct heat and light.
Warticon Solution is applied in treatment cycles. It is used TWICE daily, roughly 12 hours apart, for THREE consectuive days. You then have a four day break. This is one 7-day treatment cycle. Treatment cycles can be repeated for four consecutive weeks.
How to apply Warticon Solution
- Wash the affected areas with soap and water. Dry the area gently with a clean towel.
- Use a new applicator each time you apply Warticon Solution.
- Dip the ‘Loop’ end of the applicator into the Warticon Solution. If you have a large wart (no larger than a postage stamp) or lots of warts in a small area, dip the ‘Spatula’ end of the applicator into the solution.
- Apply the solution to a wart until it is just covered and allow to dry. Be careful not to get the Warticon onto healthy skin. If this happens, wash the solution off with soap and water.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each wart. Allow all the skin treated with Warticon Solution to dry before letting other skin touch the affected area.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after using Warticon Solution.
- Make sure you screw the lid back on tightly.
Warticon Wart Treatment Solution contain podophyllotoxin 0.5% in an alcoholic base.
If you experience side effects when using Warticon solution, they are likely to appear at the site of application. They are usually mild and can include:
- wearing away of the top layers of skin
- irritation including redness, itching, and a burning sensation
If you experience any of the following side effects whilst using Warticon solution you should discontinue use and speak to your doctor:
- severe burning
Warticon solution is not suitable for you from The Online Doctor if:
- You are allergic to podophyllotoxin or any of the other ingredients.
- The skin around or covering the wart is damaged, broken or bleeding.
- Your warts cover an area of 4cm - around the size of a postage stamp.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Whilst using Warticon solution:
- Only apply to affected areas - do not use on healthy skin.
- Do not get Warticon solution in your eyes or mouth.
- Do not apply to the inside of the vagina, penis or rectum - Warticon is only for use on external skin.
- Do not cover the treated areas with plasters or dressings.
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.