Yasmin is a popular contraceptive pill that is available to buy online from The Independent Pharmacy for women who have already been prescribed it by their doctor. Buying Yasmin online allows women to quickly and easily get repeat supplies of their pill when it may be otherwise inconvenient to do so.
Some medicines, especially antibiotics, can lower the effectiveness of the contraceptive pill. Before you take any new medicines always read the Patient Information Leaflet to ensure it will not alter your contraceptive cover.
Yasmin is a contraceptive pill containing the active ingredients ethinylestradiol and drospirenone. These are a combination of the hormones oestrogens and progestogens. They help to make it harder for the sperm to penetrate the womb and to reduce the chance of a fertilised egg implanting in the womb. It is over 99% effective at preventing pregnancy if taken correctly.
Women should only buy Yasmin online if they have already been prescribed it by their GP and are unable to get a repeat prescription. You should never start taking a contraceptive pill without the knowledge of you doctor as your general health needs to be checked first to ensure any risks from taking the pill are minimal. If you buy Yasmin online you should still ensure that you see your GP or nurse at least once a year for a health check whilst taking the contraceptive pill.
Yasmin should be taken regularly at roughly the same time every day with a 7-day pill-free break after each pack. If you miss one pill anywhere in your pack, take it as soon as you remember even if it means taking two pills in a day. You should continue taking your pills as normal and you will not need additional contraception. If you miss more than one pill you will lose your contraceptive cover and extra contraception will be required for at least 7 days.
If you wish to stop your period whilst taking Yasmin, you can run two strips of pill back-to-back without taking a break. This is perfectly safe to do although it shouldn't be done more than once in a row.
If you wish to change the day that your next pack starts, you should shorten your pill-free break and start the next pack on the desired day. Never lenghten you pill-free break past seven days as you may lose your contraceptive cover.
Please read the Patient Information Leaflet for side effects and additional information before you take Yasmin.
You should continue to take Yasmin as instructed by your doctor when it was first prescribed.
- Start your packet Yasmin with the first pill marked with the correct day of the week.
- Continue taking one pill at the same time each day, working your way around the pack until it is finished.
- You should then have a 7-day break when you will have your period.
- You should then start your new pack of pills on the 8th day (this will be the same day that you started your last new pack).
Missed Pill Advice
According to NHS Choices; if you have missed one pill, anywhere in the pack:
- take the last pill you missed now, even if it means taking two pills in one day
- continue taking the rest of the pack as usual
- you don’t need to use additional contraception, such as condoms
- take your seven day pill-free break as normal
However, if you have missed two or more pills (you are taking your pill more than 48 hours late) anywhere in the pack:
- take the last pill you missed now, even if it means taking two pills in one day
- leave any earlier missed pills
- continue taking the rest of the pack as usual and use an extra method of contraception for the next seven days
- you may need emergency contraception
- you may need to start the next pack of pills without a break
For more information on what to do if you have missed your pill, please read the patient information leaflet that comes with your medicine.
Each Yasmin tablet contains 0.030 milligrams ethinylestradiol and 3 milligrams drospirenone.
The other inactive ingredients are: lactose monohydrate, maize starch, pregelatinised maize starch, povidone K25, magnesium stearate (E470b), hypromellose (E464), macrogol 6000, talc (E553b), titanium dioxide (E171) and iron oxide yellow (E172).
Most people take Yasmin tablets without any problems, however some people can experience side effects.
1 in 10 to 1 in 100 women may experience:
- Depressive mood
- Headache or migraine
- Breast pain, breast tenderness, menstrual disorders, bleeding between periods, thick whitish vaginal discharge or vaginal yeast infection.
1 in 10 to 1 in 1000 women may experience:
- Breast enlargement
- Altered interest in sex
- High blood pressure or low blood pressure
- Vomiting and/or diarrhoea
- Acne, severe itching, skin rash, or hair loss (alopecia)
- Vaginal infection
- Fluid retention
- Body weight changes
1 in 10 to 1 in 10,000 women may experience:
- Hearing impairment
- Breast secretion
- Allergic reactions (hypersensitivity)
- The skin conditions erythema nodosum (characterized by painful reddish skin nodules) or erythema multiforme (characterized by rash with target-shaped reddening or sores).
- Harmful blood clots in a vein or artery for example:
- in a leg or foot (i.e. DVT)
- in a lung (i.e. PE)
- heart attack
- mini-stroke or temporary stroke-like symptoms, known as a transient ischaemic attack (TIA)
- blood clots in the liver, stomach/intestine, kidneys or eye.
If you experience any adverse effects from taking your prescribed medicine it is important to let your doctor immediately. In a medical emergency you should contact the emergency services or go straight to your local Accident & Emergency.
Yasmin can cause some severe side effects in a small minority of women. If any of the following occur you should contact your doctor immediately:
- Signs of an allergic reaction (swelling of the face, lips & tongue, wheezing or difficulty breathing, rash).
- Signs of breast cancer (dimpling of the skin on the breast, changes to the nipple, lumps that you can see or feel).
- Signs of cervical cancer (vaginal discharge that smells and/or contains blood, unusual vaginal bleeding, pelvic pain, painful sex).
- Signs of severe liver problems (yellowing of the eyes and skin, severe abdominal pain, itching all over the body, inflammation of the liver).
You should not purchase Yasmin tablets online if they have not been previously prescribed for you by your doctor following a face-to face examination to ensure they are appropriate.
You should always ensure you attend your GP surgery at least once a year for a check-up whilst taking Yasmin.
You should not take Yasmin tablets if:
- You have ever had a blood clot in a blood vessel of your legs (deep vein thrombosis, DVT), your lungs (pulmonary embolus, PE) or other organs;
- You know you have a disorder affecting your blood clotting – for instance, protein C deficiency, protein S deficiency, antithrombin-III deficiency, Factor V Leiden or antiphospholipid antibodies;
- You need an operation or if you are off your feet for a long time;
- You have ever had a heart attack or stroke;
- You have ever had angina pectoris (a condition that causes severe chest pain and may be a first sign of a heart attack) or transient ischaemic attack (TIA – temporary stroke symptoms);
- You have any of the following diseases that may increase your risk of a clot in the arteries;
- severe diabetes with blood vessel damage
- very high blood pressure
- a very high level of fat in the blood (cholesterol or triglycerides
- a condition known as hyperhomocysteinaemia
- You have (or have ever had) a type of migraine called ‘migraine with aura;
- You have (or have ever had) liver disease and your liver function is still not normal
- Your kidneys are not working well (renal failure)
- You have (or have ever had) had a tumour in the liver< li/>
- You have (or have ever had) or if you are suspected of having breast cancer or cancer of the genital organs
- You have any unexplained bleeding from the vagina
- You are allergic to ethinylestradiol or drospirenone, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
All our orders are sent out using Royal Mail. Tracking is available on all orders.
We always aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of them being received, if we are unable to meet this
high standard for whatever reason we will always contact you to advise you of the delay.
We offer free UK standard delivery on orders over £40.
The following delivery options are available:
- Standard Delivery - 2/3 day delivery - £2.95
- Express Delivery - 1/2 day delivery - £4.45
- Special Delivery (Guaranteed before 1pm) - £8.95
- Saturday Guaranteed before 1pm - £10.45
The cut-off for same day dispatch of orders is 4pm. Orders processed after this time will be dispatched the following working day. Orders are dispatched Monday - Friday. Orders will not be processed on weekends or bank holidays.
We ensure all deliveries are in plain packaging for discreet delivery of your medicines and pharmacy goods.
Deliveries containing pharmacy-only or prescription medicines may require a signature on receipt.
Delivery is free for all NHS prescriptions.
Please note: Royal Mail do not deliver on Sundays or Bank Holidays - this should be taken into account when ordering.
We are currently unable to ship orders outside of the UK.