Flomax Relief MR capsules provide quick, effective relief for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) symptoms such as hesitancy, poor stream, poor emptying, and dribbling. Each capsule contains the active ingredient tamsulosin hydrochloride, which gently relaxes the muscles surrounding the urethra, making it easier to urinate and allowing the bladder to empty more completely. Relief occurs within 7 days. For Men Only.
Flomax MR is a once-daily treatment proven to relieve the symptoms of BPH in men over 45.
You can expect to feel relief from your symptoms within one week. The medication is sustained long term, which means it continues to work, when taken every day.
FLOMAX MR CAN RELIEVE SYMPTOMS WITHIN 1 WEEK
The prostate gland in men produces seminal fluid for reproduction. As men age, this gland can increase in size and apply pressure on other parts of the urinary system. The condition can make urination difficult, increase frequency of toilet visits and cause a weaker, interrupted urine stream. Flomax releases pressure and alleviates symptoms of urinary infrequency.
The active ingredient in Flomax Relief MR, tamsulosin hydrochloride, blocks alpha receptors in the prostate gland’s muscle. This causes the muscle to relax, relieving pressure on the urethra and allowing urine to flow freely past the prostate gland. This makes urination easier.
Flomax Relief MR are ‘modified-release’ capsules. They release the tamsulosin gradually as they pass through the digestive system. In this way, a steady amount of medication can be absorbed throughout the day despite only one capsule being taken. The capsules should be swallowed whole, not chewed, crushed or broken, as this would interfere with the modified-release action.
Prostate enlargement usually effects men over 60. Flomax can relax the muscles in the prostate, allowing a better urine flow.
Men 45 years and over only:
After a meal, swallow 1 whole capsule with water, at the same time every day.
- Create a note indicating the date you started this treatment.
- If this is the first time you are taking this medication, discontinue and consult your doctor if after 2 weeks, symptoms get worse or you have not improved.
- Within six weeks of starting this treatment, consult your doctor to confirm that your symptoms are due to BPH.
- Contact your doctor every 12 months to have your prostate checked.
- If your symptoms get worse or change consult your doctor.
- If you miss a dose, take it later after a meal, the same day.
- When you forget to take a dose, swallow your daily capsule at the usual time the next day. Avoid swallowing 2 capsules to make up for a missed dose.
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
Headache, dizziness, rhinitis and ejaculation disorders, such as ejaculation failure and retrograde ejaculation.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- If you are allergic to the ingredients such as Tamsulosin, or if you have liver, heart, or kidney condition, or if you have a fever caused by bladder or kidney infection, or if you feel faint ,dizzy or weak when you stand up or sit suddenly, or if you have been with the symptoms for less than 3 months, or if you have pain when urinating, or if you have or have had either bloody or cloudy urine within the last 3 months, or if you leak urine and you are unable to control it, or if you are diabetic, or if you are about to undergo cataract eye surgery or if you have had prostate surgery, or if you have recently had cloudy or blurred vision, you should not take these capsules.
- If you are taking other medication especially for lowering blood pressure, consult your pharmacist before taking this medication.
- Inform your dentist or doctor that you are taking this medication before any dental procedure or operation as there is the likelihood that this medication might interfere with anaesthetic effects.
Read the included leaflet before using this medication. Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
Tamsulosin Hydrochloride 0.4mg.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Methacrylic Acid-Ethyl Acrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate, Sodium Laurilsulfate, Triacetin, Calcium Stearate and Talc.