Make sure to read the following instructions carefully before using this product.
- Do not give Avomine tablets to a child under 2 years old.
Do not use Avomine tablets if any of the following apply:
- You have had an allergic reaction to promethazine, a phenothiazine or any of the other ingredients in this product
- You take monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) or have taken any in the last 14 days
- You suffer from CNS depression
If you suffer from any of the following, take special consideration and consider consulting with a doctor or pharmacist before using this product:
- Heart problems
- Kidney problems
- Liver problems
- Headaches accompanied by blurred vision
- Asthma, bronchitis or any other chest condition
- Stomach pains accompanied by vomiting
- Ringing in ears
- Difficulty maintaining balance
- Reye's syndrome or possible Reye's syndrome
Do not use this product for more than 7 days in a row.
Taking other medicines
Tell your doctor or pharmacist of any other medicines you take or are intending to take before using this product.
Consult with a doctor or pharmacist before using this product if you are currently taking any of the following:
- Anticholinergic agents
- Tricyclic antidepressants or sedatives
- Medicine for cramps and stomach pains, Parkinson's disease or bladder problems
This medicine may interfere with the results of allergy skin tests, so refrain from using this medicine for 72 hours before taking an allergy skin test
Do not use Avomine tablets alongside alcohol as the effects of alcohol will be magnified.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
You should not use Avomine if breastfeeding, pregnant, or if you suspect you are pregnant, unless a doctor tells you otherwise.
Avomine may interfere with the results of pregnancy tests. Avomine can cause babies to become irritable if used whilst breastfeeding.
Driving and operating machinery
Avomine tablets can make you drowsy, disorientated and confused. Until a few days have passed and you are certain that Avomine does not affect you in these ways, you should refrain from driving or operating machinery.
Important information about the ingredients of Avomine tablets
Avomine tablets contain lactose, so if you have an intolerance to certain sugars, you should consult with a doctor before using this product.
Avomine tablets contain sodium metabisulphate, which have been known to cause difficulty breathing (bronchospasm) and allergic reactions.
Make sure to read the entire product information leaflet and all packaging before using any new medicine. Inform your doctor of any medicines you intend to take.