Constipation can be uncomfortable or painful. Painkillers can be taken to help ease the pain such aspirin, ibuprofen or paracetemol. Avoid painkillers with codeine in them as this can cause constipation as a side effect.
Adults, including the elderly and children 10 years and over:
Take one to two 5 ml spoonfuls at night.
If your bowel regularity has returned to normal, the dosage can be stopped.
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
Vomiting or nausea, diarrhoea, abdominal cramps, discomfort or pain.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Avoid taking this medication and consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if you are allergic to the ingredients in the product such as Sodium Picosulfate or, if you are suffering from ileus, or if you have inflammation of the small and large intestine or if you have serious abdominal pain with nausea and vomiting or if you have severe dehydration, or if you have severe abdominal condition for example appendicitis, or, if you have intestinal obstruction (a blocked bowel).
- If you are expecting or planning to become expecting or if you are breast-feeding, consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medication.
- Some medication can affect how Dulcolax Pico liquid works, and also Duloclax Pico liquid can affect how some other medication work, consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have recently taken or if you are taking the following medication obtained with or without a prescription: herbal medicines, diuretics (water tablets) for example Furosemide (Furosemide), or Bendrofluazide, steroids for example prednisolone or antibiotics.
- If you take more than the required dose, consult your doctor immediately. Discontinue taking this medicine and consult the doctor immediately, if you have serious allergic reactions.
- Dulcolax Pico liquid might cause rare unwanted effects that usually affect less than 1 individual in 1000 people, although not everybody gets them. These rare side effects might include rash, swelling of your skin, the face and mouth which might cause breathing or swallowing problems.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Carmellose Sodium, Methyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E218), Propyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E216), Glycerol, Aroma Tutti Frutti (flavouring), Saccharin Sodium, Sunset Yellow FCF (E110), Ethanol (5.9% v/v), Sodium Hydroxide Solution and Water.