Wash your hands before and after applying the solution.
- Apply 1ml of the solution twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening about thirty minutes before going to bed. Gently massage the solution into the affected areas of scalp. You should leave about twelve hours between each application for maximum benefit.
- REGAINE solution comes with three different applicators each of which deliver a 1ml dose of the solution via pump spray applicator, extended spray tip or rub-on. The one that is most suitable for you will depend on the size of the area of scalp you need to treat. For large areas of scalp, the pump spray is the most effective dispenser, for small areas, the rub-on is best and for small areas concealed under the hair, the extended spray tip is the best option.
- When using the pump spray or extended spray tip applicator, aim the pump at the centre of the bald area, press once and spread with fingertips over the entire bald area. Repeat a total of six times in order to supply the 1ml dose. Try to avoid inhaling the mist from the spray.
- If using the rub-on application, there is a one specifically marked to dispense the 1ml dose. Squeeze the chamber to the black line marking.
- The bottle can then be turned upside down and the application can be applied knowing that a 1ml dose will be applied.
- Do not use more than the 1ml dose per application and do not use more than twice a day.
- Apply the foam twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening about thirty minutes before going to bed.
- Both the solution and the foam can also be used on a receding hair line in addition to areas on the crown of your head.
- It is important to persist twice daily with the treatments as it can take at least two months to see any regrowth with either the solution or the foam. If you see no improvements after using REGAINE® for sixteen weeks, you should stop using it.