- Free standard delivery on orders over £40Spend £40.00 more for free delivery
- Fast, discreet delivery
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
Buy Regaine for Men
We understand that dealing with hair loss can be a challenging experience. Regaine for Men offers a clinically proven solution designed to support those facing the issue. With consistent use—twice daily—you can anticipate visible results in as little as 8 weeks.
Should you choose to proceed, you can buy Regaine for Men from The Independent Pharmacy in a few simple steps:
- Complete your online assessment
- Review the selection curated by our qualified medical team and choose the right solution for you
- Enjoy quick and discreet delivery
About Regaine for Men
What Is Regaine and What Is It Used for?
We fully understand the emotional and psychological toll hereditary hair loss can take. Regaine for Men is here to offer an effective treatment tailored to this specific challenge.
Regaine is scientifically proven to help stop and even reverse hair loss as it contains Minoxidil, the only ingredient available over the counter. It has been clinically proven to treat and even reverse the effects of hereditary baldness. With Regine for Men, you're not just reversing hair loss—you're reclaiming your confidence and youthful appearance.
Imagine not having to worry about frequent pharmacy visits or complicated applications. With Regaine's easy-to-use applicator and three-month supply, you can focus on what matters most: seeing results.
How Does Regaine Work?
Minoxidil, the active ingredient in Regaine, was discovered during clinical trials as a treatment for high blood pressure. Its hair growth properties were only noted as a side effect. Minoxidil works by increasing the blood supply and the nutrient level of the hair follicles on the scalp, helping you towards healthy hair growth.
We understand that the science behind hair growth can be complex. Simply put, Regaine for Men works by enhancing the blood flow to your hair follicles. This encourages the growth and longevity of your hair. Minoxidil has also been shown to help prevent further hair loss in four out of five men, helping to stimulate regrowth for a thicker, fuller head of hair. Regaine works best in men with recent hair loss who show signs of thinning on the top of the head, but it can also be used when you're developing a receding hairline.
What Is Hereditary Hair Loss?
Hereditary hair loss is a genetic condition that causes a reduction in the amount of time that hair grows. At The Independent Pharmacy, we understand that hereditary hair loss is often beyond one's control, and it's a challenge many are navigating through. The condition starts with hair receding at the hairline and temples, and then the hair on the crown begins to thin.
Most of the time, hair loss is hereditary. You may have looked at other family members and noticed that your hair is following a similar pattern to theirs. Despite what some say, the gene can be passed down through either parent. Stress can worsen or accelerate hair loss, but it's not the primary cause of male baldness.
Regaine is clinically proven to help men dealing with hereditary hair loss. It prevents hair loss in 80% of men, supports hair growth, and can even stimulate hair regrowth, reversing hereditary hair loss.
You're certainly not alone; hair loss is a common concern, affecting millions of men in the UK. Around 40% of men experience some hair loss by the age of thirty-five. We're here to help you through it.
How Do You Know if You're Losing too Much Hair?
Hair thinning and loss may first be noticed from the crown of the head and possibly also from the hairline at the front.
If you've noticed more hair in your brush or increased hair loss in certain patches, it's natural to feel concerned. These are possible indications of the start of male pattern baldness, also known under the medical term androgenetic alopecia. However, we're here to offer a solution that can help and support you on your journey with Regaine for Men.
Hair Shedding Is Normal
While you may be suffering from hereditary hair loss, the problem isn't that you're shedding hair. In fact, hair shedding is completely normal.
Losing a few strands of hair daily is a natural part of life, but we understand that it can be unsettling when those numbers start to increase. However, this is part of a healthy regrowth cycle.
Each hair growth cycle includes a growth phase, a transitional phase and a resting phase. You start a new hair growth cycle roughly once per month.
With hereditary hair loss, the genes and hormones in your body shrink the hair follicles, making them ineffective at growing new hair.
Each hair growth cycle produces shorter, finer, much less visible hair due to the shrinkage of the scalp follicles, leading to a shortening of the hair's growing cycle. Over time, a few follicles will be destroyed and fail to grow new hair. The hair becomes thinner and shorter until there is no growth at all.
Minoxidil, the active ingredient in Regaine for Men, stimulates hair growth, which means it can help people experiencing hereditary hair loss and is available over the counter. You can even buy Minoxidil online from The Independent Pharmacy.
If you're concerned that you're shedding more hair than usual, it's completely understandable. Using Regaine could be the helping hand you need to regrow your hair and address the symptoms of male pattern baldness.
Alternatives to Regaine for Men
Regaine for Men is specifically formulated for adult males. If you're a female experiencing hair loss, we have a separate product designed for you—Regaine for Women, specifically designed for use in females.
At The Independent Pharmacy, we also stock a range of hair loss treatments available on prescription for those who have tried over-the-counter treatments that have proven unsuccessful. These can be viewed on our Advice for Hair Loss page.
How to Use Regaine for Men
The Regaine solution comes with three different applicators. Each delivers a 1ml dose of the solution via:
- A pump-spray applicator
- An extended spray tip
- A rub-on
The one that is most suitable for you will depend on the size of the area of the scalp you need to treat. For large areas of the scalp, the pump spray is the most effective dispenser. The rub-on is best for small areas, and the extended spray tip is the best option for small areas concealed under the hair.
To include Regaine for Men in your daily routine, you need to:
- Wash your hands before and after applying the solution.
- Apply 1 ml of the solution twice daily.
- The best time to use Regaine for Men is once in the morning and once in the evening, about thirty minutes before going to bed.
- Gently massage the solution into the affected areas of the scalp. You should leave about twelve hours between each application for maximum benefit.
- When using the pump spray or extended spray tip applicator, aim the pump at the centre of the bald area, press once and spread with fingertips over the entire bald area. Repeat a total of six times to supply the 1ml dose.
- Try to avoid inhaling the mist from the spray.
- If using the rub-on application, there is one specifically marked to dispense the 1ml dose. Squeeze the chamber to the black line marking. The bottle can then be turned upside down, and the application can be applied knowing that a 1ml dose will be applied.
We recommend sticking to the 1ml dose per application and not exceeding two applications per day to ensure you're getting the most effective and safe treatment.
It can take at least two months to see any regrowth with either the solution or the foam, so you need to persist twice daily with the treatments. If you see no improvements after using Regaine for sixteen weeks, you should stop using it. Then, ask your doctor for advice and further plan of action for your regrowth treatment.
Regaine for Men Ingredients
The active ingredient in Regaine for Men is Minoxidil 50mg.
Regaine for Men also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
- Ethanol (alcohol)
- Propylene glycol
Side Effects of Regaine for Men
Not everyone will experience side effects when they use Regaine for Men. However, side effects that can affect more than one in ten people include:
- Itching or dermatitis, propylene glycol may cause skin irritation
- Excessive hair growth
Other, more severe, side effects that are even rarer may include:
- Serious cardiac adverse events when you accidentally ingest the product
If Minoxidil passes into the bloodstream, it can cause some side effects related to low blood pressure, such as:
- Chest pains
- Rapid heartbeat
- A feeling of faintness
- Swollen hands and feet
Your well-being is our top priority. If you experience any side effects, please discontinue use immediately and consult a healthcare professional for the best action.
Regaine for Men Warnings
Please read the following warnings carefully to ensure that Regaine is safe for you to use and that you use it safely.
Make sure that you read all packaging and the Patient Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine, and inform your doctor of medications you are taking or intend to take.
- This medicine is for external use only.
- Do not use Regaine for Men if you are female.
- Do not use Regaine if you are under 18 or over 65 years old.
- Do not use Regaine if you have previously had a bad reaction to Minoxidil or any other ingredients in the product.
- Do not use Regaine if you are unsure that your hair loss is hereditary or if it is caused by another form of medical treatment.
- Both Regaine extra strength foam and solution are flammable. Do not use them near any naked flame or heat source or whilst smoking.
- Do not apply Regaine to areas of the body other than the scalp.
- Do not use Regaine if you have total baldness or complete loss of all body hair or if the cause of your hair loss is unknown, or if it is sudden or unexpected.
- It is possible that psoriasis suffers could find that Minoxidil may pass into the bloodstream via the scalp, so do not use Regaine if you have any condition affecting your scalp, including sunburn or psoriasis, or if you are using creams, ointments or lotions to treat scalp conditions.
- Do not use Regaine if you have any kind of dressing or bandage on your scalp.
- Wash your hands after applying Regaine to prevent inadvertently transferring it to other parts of the body.
- Avoid using Regaine on broken or inflamed skin or if you have a shaved scalp.
- Avoid getting Regaine in your eyes or in contact with the moist membranes lining the inside of certain body parts, e.g., the mouth and nasal passages (mucous membranes). Rinse thoroughly with cold water if accidental contact occurs.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose, and do not use it more than twice a day. More frequent application will not make your hair grow any more quickly. It may also increase the chance of the medicine being absorbed into your body and causing side effects.
- You may experience some initial hair loss when you start using Regaine; this is due to old hair falling out as new hairs replace them, which is an expected and positive sign. However, discontinue the treatment and consult your doctor if shedding persists for longer than two weeks.
- You should not use Regaine if you suffer from heart disease, including abnormal heart rhythms or rates, angina or chest pains and/or circulation disorders.
- Stop using Regaine immediately if you experience chest pains, an increased heart rate, fainting, dizziness, sudden and unexplained weight gain, swollen hands or feet or persistent redness or irritation of the scalp. Consult your doctor promptly.
- You should not use Regaine if you are also taking medicines for high blood pressure; it is theoretically possible that the use of Regaine could enhance the effect of medication prescribed for hypertension (blood pressure) and cause dizziness. Even if you are not on medication for hypertension, Regaine is not a suitable product for you.
- Certain medicines that are applied to the skin can increase the permeability of the skin. These include corticosteroids such as hydrocortisone, retinoids such as isotretinoin or tretinoin – the latter is commonly used to treat acne or other skins disorder, dithranol which is used to treat psoriasis, urea and Vaseline Petroleum jelly. You should not use Regaine if you are using any other medicines topically on your scalp because they might cause more Minoxidil to be absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream. This could increase the risk of any side effects.
- Keep the container and contents away from naked flames during use, storage and disposal and store the container in a cool, well-ventilated place, ensuring that it is tightly sealed.
Regaine For Men: Extra Strength Solution reviews
Regaine For Men: Extra Strength Solution FAQs
This is not necessarily the case. Your hair loss may prove to be less, the same or even more than other family members.
In 95% of cases, male pattern baldness is hereditary, but there are some rare occasions where hair loss can be caused by other things. Other causes can include stress, poor nutrition, medical conditions, or certain medications. It's essential to consult a healthcare professional for an accurate diagnosis.
The earlier you start using Regaine for Men, the greater your chances of seeing results; Regaine works best in the early stages of hereditary hair loss. Results with Regaine can vary, but generally, you can expect to see visible improvements in as little as 8 to 16 weeks when used consistently twice a day.
Minoxidil increases blood flow, which helps to promote hair growth by reversing the miniaturisation of the follicles. This increases blood supply around the follicles, stimulating follicle movement from the resting to active hair growth phase and extending each follicle's growth phase.
If notice improvements in your hair growth, you will need to keep using Regaine twice a day for the growth to continue. Regrown hair may disappear three to four months after you stop using Regaine, and the balding process will then continue. Be aware that you may notice a temporary increase in hair loss in the first two to six weeks. This is part of the hair's natural cycle, and rather than being something to worry about, it is actually a promising sign. It shows that the hair is transitioning from the rest phase of the cycle to the growing phase.
Regaine Extra Strength for Men provides faster results when compared to regular strength. You should see results in just eight weeks, and approximately three out of five men have visible re-growth when tested in clinical trials. Keep in mind that each solution might be targetted at different patients:
- Regaine Extra Strength for Men scalp foam is licensed for use in men aged 18 to 49 years of age
- Regaine Extra Strength Solution is licensed for use in men aged 18 to 65
The three months supply multipack contains three boxes of Regaine Extra Strength Liquid Solution.
Regaine Extra Strength for Men does not affect male hormones.