What are the causes of Low Testosterone?
Causes of low testosterone include: testicle injury, cancer treatment, a recent vasectomy, hormonal disorders, diabetes, HIV, infections, liver/kidney problems, and obesity. It is also a natural reaction to getting older. While it’s more common in older men, young men are sometimes affected (for any of the above reasons). Signs and symptoms of low testosterone are varied, and can include: fatigue, loss of libido, anxiety and depression, low mood, headaches, insomnia when trying to sleep at night, hair loss, joint pain, and feeling weak.
Testogel can be used to help increase fertility, but only if low testosterone is the cause.
What is the process for ordering Testogel online?
If you have not had any treatments from us before then this is the process you need to follow:
- Select the “Starter Treatment” of the product you would like. This differs from the normal pack because it contains two testosterone testing kits.
- Fill in the short questionnaire and proceed through the checkout process.
- After review of your consultation our UK registered GP will require you to undergo some blood tests. This is to see if you are likely to benefit from testosterone replacement therapy, to measure your testosterone levels and to determine if treatment is safe for you.
- On approval a testosterone kit will be sent to you.This needs to be completed and sent off before treatment can be started. The test is easy to perform at home and is sent to the laboratory in London using the free post envelope enclosed in the pack. The results are sent directly to our pharmacy within 4 hours of them receiving the tests.
- Our UK GP will review you results and the answers from your questionnaire and either authorise or decline your request. If your request is declined then the total amount minus the cost of the home kit will be refunded to you. The home kit is £35.
- After the GP's approval, the medication and the 2nd home test kit is send out to you. The second testosterone test needs to be completed after 3 weeks. The results are assessed to ensure, for your health and safety, that the medication is having an effect.
- Once the 2 tests have been performed in the first month. We will be sure that the medication is effective and a further test will needed in 6 months time and after that at yearly intervals.
The starter pack price includes the following:
- Two testosterone home test kits - these can be conducted from the convenience of your own home, but one will be needed before treatment is initiated. Each blood test is provided at a cost of £35, but you will be able to decide whether or not to proceed at each step of the way.
- 1 x 88g Testogel pump pack (if your consultation is approved following your initial blood test)
- Private online consultation
- Free standard delivery.
What is Testogel?
Testogel is a treatment for men that can be used in testosterone replacement therapy. The clear gel contains testosterone and can be used to increase levels in men with low or no production of testosterone, a condition known as hypogonadism.
If you feel like you have low levels of testosterone then you must undergo an examination by your doctor in order to be prescribed Testogel and other testosterone based treatments.
As a topical treatment, Testogel is absorbed directly into your skin. It should be applied to the skin around the shoulders and upper arms. It passes through your skin and into your bloodstream, increasing your levels of testosterone. The testosterone present in Testogel is the exact same as your naturally occurring testosterone.
About Low Testosterone
Testosterone is a vital hormone in male life, responsible for the production of sperm, the maintenance of the sex drive, potency of erections, as well as prostate and reproductive issues. For this reason, hypogonadism can be an incredibly difficult condition to deal with, both physically and psychologically.
As men age, their natural testosterone levels will decrease. Testosterone replacement therapies such as Testogel will help to return your levels of this hormone back to normal, relieving any negative symptoms you may have developed.
Testogel should be applied to the skin in a thin, even layer. This will allow it to be absorbed directly into the bloodstream.
Remember, this medication is for use by men only. It should not be used by women, and they should avoid contact with the gel altogether. This particularly applies to women who are pregnant as the testosterone can be absorbed and will have adverse side effects on both the mother and the baby. If contact does happen then the area should be washed with soap as soon as possible.
It is recommended that Testogel is applied every day at the same time, usually in the morning. The recommended daily dose will vary from patient to patient and will depend on the results of your blood tests.
Testogel should only be applied to skin which is healthy, clean, and dry. A thin layer can be applied to your shoulders, upper arms, or stomach. The gel should be allowed to dry for at least 5 minutes before applying a dressing or wearing clothing. Thoroughly wash your hands after use. After applying the gel, you should wait at least two hours before taking a bath or a shower.
Testogel should never be applied to the genital area as it may cause irritation (due to the presence of alcohol present).If you miss an application, and your next application is less than twelve hours away, you should skip the missed application. You should never apply twice the amount of Testogel to make up for a missed treatment.
Try to maintain a healthy balanced diet as well as maintaining a good exercise routine. Some times low testosterone can be caused by being over weight. If you need help finding some tips on what to eat and what exercises are best for you, there are some great tips on the NHS Choices website.