- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
About Vagisan Moist Cream
Dr Wolff’s Vagisan Moisturising Cream is an effective, hormone-free treatment for the relief of irritation caused by vaginal dryness, leaving your vagina feeling soothed and supple.
Buy Vagisan today from The Independent Pharmacy and get quick, discreet delivery of your treatment directly to your door.
Vagisan MoistCream Information
What is Vagisan?
Vagisan Moisturising Cream is a soothing lipid-based formula that can be applied internally or to the external vagina to offer fast relief from the irritation and discomfort caused by vaginal dryness.
As this cream is hormone-free it can be used alongside hormone replacement therapy (HRT) reliably for those experiencing menopausal symptoms and is also clinically proven to be safe to use while trying to conceive, while also maintaining your vaginas natural pH.
Each box contains a 50 g tube of Vagisan MoistCream with a reusable vaginal applicator to make every application simple and mess-free.
What is Vagisan used for?
Vagisan Moisturising Cream is an effective hormone-free treatment for symptoms of vaginal dryness.
Symptoms may include:
- Itching or soreness in and around the vagina
- Pain or discomfort during sex
- Needing to urinate more often
Vaginal dryness can affect many women throughout their lifetime, some of the most common causes include:
- Going through the menopause
- Pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding
- Contraceptive pills
- Having a hysterectomy
If you are unsure if you are experiencing vaginal dryness or if you are unsure of what is causing your condition it is recommended that you speak to a doctor for advice.
How does Vagisan work?
Dr Wolff's Vagisan Moisturising Cream is a hormone-free vaginal lubricant that because of its high water and lipid content, it provides the inside of the vagina and the surrounding external skin with much-needed moisture making it feel soothed and softened.
- Dr Wolff’s Vagisan Moisturising Cream Patient Information Leaflet: https://www.vagisan.com/fileadmin/user_upload/vagisan.com/documents/products/GB/vagisan-package-information-leaflet-moisturising-cream-uk.PDF
How to use Vagisan
Vagisan cream can be used inside the vagina or externally on the surrounding skin.
For use inside the vagina:
Use once a day, preferable at night. You may want to wear a panty liner as some of the Vagisan cream may be excreted from the vagina.
- Half fill the applicator with the cream.
- Insert the end of the applicator inside the vagina and push the plunger to apply the cream.
- Remove the applicator and wash your hands.
For use on the external vagina:
Use as and when required throughout the day.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Apply the cream to a finger and gently cover the skin of the vaginal opening and surrounding skin.
Please read the Patient Information Leaflet contained in each pack, before use.
Dr Wolff’s Vagisan Moisturising Cream contains: Aqua, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Lactic Acid, Octyldodecanol, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Stearate.
Vagisan side effects
It is very rare for people to experience adverse effects whilst using this product, however, if any localised irritation occurs you should stop using this cream and speak to a pharmacist or doctor about alternative products that may be more suitable for you.
For full details on warnings and precautions please read the Patient Information Leaflet.
- Do not use this product with condoms, caps or diaphragms as it can cause them to become damaged or tear.
- Vagisan should not be used immediately after child birth.
- Do not use Vagisan if you have a vaginal infection such as thrush as it may worsen your condition.
Vagisan in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Vagisan cream can be used while pregnant and breastfeeding, however, please read the Patient Information Leaflet carefully before use for details on how to apply the cream during pregnancy.