People in the medical field can approach treatment very clinically — they think about whether a particular medicine will resolve a certain issue, and what complications may arise along the way (such as side effects). This grants a lot of important insight, but it doesn’t factor in everything a potential user might want to know about investing in a course of treatment.
This is really important when it comes to acne treatments like Differin, because skin treatments can have radically different effects in different cases. If you don’t know what to expect, or which experiences are normal (and how they tend to resolve), you may have a hard time making the most of your treatment.
That’s why it’s important to read Differin reviews before you buy Differin Gel or cream. Below you can find reviews by people who have used the product. We’ve included both Differin gel reviews and Differin cream reviews from customers of The Independent Pharmacy, which may help if you’re deciding which of the two will be best for you.
At the end of this page (after the latest Differin reviews), we’ve provided a summary of what we’ve learned from feedback so far. If you just want to know our takeaways, then you can skip to the end — it’s up to you!
Differin product reviews
We gather customer reviews for all of our available medicines and treatments using an independent reviews partner, Reviews.io. This includes Differin gel and cream.
You can read individual Differin reviews from our customers in this section. We include every single review that gets submitted for the medicines and treatments we offer, so that you can get a full and accurate picture of how real users find this treatment.
If you would rather read a quick overview summarising what users think of this acne treatment, we’ve created a round-up of key takeaways from customer feedback that is worth noting. You can find that below.
Our Differin review summary: how it rates overall
Having been prescribing and selling Differin for a long time, we’ve heard back from a great many acne sufferers who’ve used it — their experiences ranging from very positive and complete success, to finding the treatment ineffective or side effects that were too negative to warrant continuing use — so we have a solid idea of what the average user can expect.
Below you can find our key takeaways about Differin from the Reviews.io customer feedback gathered by The Independent Pharmacy:
- Effectiveness at treating breakouts: the average Differin user sees treated skin improve significantly, with some users saying that it has “changed [their] skin for the better,” with another saying that using the treatment “kept breakouts to a minimum”.
- Success at treating scarring: One user mentioned that Differin “has reduced [their] scarring substantially,” though another user mentioned that they had been using Differin for 7 months for residual scars and had only noticed “some improvement”.
- Value for money: many find that Differin gets better results than more expensive competitors.
- Comparison to other acne treatments: those who have used several treatment types often prefer Differin. One user said that this “medicine should be the first port of call for anyone who doesn't find tetracyclines useful”.
- Application: Differin is described as “fast-absorbing” and “easy to use”, but it is sometimes found to be drying, so moisturising is important.
- Time frames: It seems that the time it takes for Differin to effectively treat acne varies between users. One reviewer said that the product took “just under a week and my adult acne is starting to clear up,” while another said that it “has to be used for a long time to get results.”
- Recommendations: Many Differin users would recommend this acne treatment, with it being described as an “amazing cream”, “absolutely wonderful” and “highly recommended”.
Many people who ordered this acne treatment from The Independent Pharmacy have left positive Differin gel reviews and cream reviews, detailing their experience with it. Real Differin users have also been very honest with how they find the treatment, detailing any adverse reactions, outcomes and side effects.
In general, Differin is a reliable and safe acne treatment, and we have no reservations in recommending it for those suffering from mild to moderate acne outbreaks.
Everything else you need to know about Differin
If you’ve read the above Differin reviews and the summary of key points from the customer feedback, and you’d like to find out more about this popular acne treatment, we’re here to help.
At The Independent Pharmacy, we’ve created a number of helpful Differin guides and pages to give you plenty of information about this treatment, as well as other acne treatment options, and the condition itself.
Find out everything you need to know about Differin here:
- To find out more about Differin, head to our dedicated Differin product page, where we cover everything from how Differin works, ingredients, to how to use it, and FAQs.
- To learn more about the possible side effects of Differin, you can visit our dedicated Differin side effects page — we cover the realistic worst-case scenarios just to be safe.
- Some users may experience the Differin purge: a tricky period early in the course of treatment when it feels like things are actually getting worse (even when it’s working effectively). For an account of what this period actually means, and how you can get past it, head to our page all about what you should expect from the Differin purge.
- To find out more about Differin alternatives and other acne treatments, visit our best acne treatments page.
If you’ve consulted the reviews, learned about the Differin purge, read about the uncommon side effects, and you’re confident that Differin is the option you want to pursue, then you can buy Differin online at The Independent Pharmacy.
All you need to do is request a consultation and answer a few questions about your condition, which won’t take long. If we agree it’s the right choice of treatment for you, we can get your order shipped out to you within 48 hours.