- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free support and advice
- We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
Buy Dermol 500 Cream Online
Dermol cream is a highly effective moisturising cream used to treat very dry skin conditions including eczema and can be used by people of all ages including babies. Dermol has been proven to reduce redness, itching and irritation associated with dry skin.
Dermol 500g cream also contains antimicrobial agents that help to protect your skin against bacterias that can cause infections. Dermol can be used on its own or used alongside other prescribed or non-prescribed treatments for dry skin.
The use of Dermol cream leaves your skin softer and moisturised reducing unwanted itching and scaly skin.
Dermol cream can be purchased online at The Independent Pharmacy without the need for a prescription.
Dermol 500 Cream Information
What is Dermol Cream?
Dermol Cream is a topical (on the skin) treatment for very dry skin conditions such as eczema or dermatitis and is one of the leading brands of antimicrobial emollient in the UK.
Dermol creams can be used as a leave-on cream or as a soap substitute to help repair and soften skin.
Dermol Cream is a dual-action treatment containing:
- Liquid paraffin and isopropyl myristate which work as powerful moisturisers to retain the skins natural moisture.
- Benzalkonium chloride and chlorhexidine dihydrochloride which are antimicrobials that combat bacterias on the skin that may cause infections when the skin has become broken down.
What is Dermol Cream used for?
Dermol 500 cream is proven to be effective when used to treat itching, scaling, crusting, redness, inflammation and irritation associated with dry skin conditions such as:
Dermol Cream for acne
Dermol cream should not be used to treat acne. At The Independent Pharmacy we provide online advice and treatment options for acne.
If you are unsure about whether you are suffering from acne or need advice about acne medication visit our Acne page.
How does Dermol Cream work?
Dermol cream works in two ways:
- Dermol cream contains the active ingredients of liquid paraffin and isopropyl myristat. These two components are powerful moisturisers known as emollients, which soothe and rehydrate the skin. Liquid paraffin and isopropyl myristat work by preventing the body’s natural moisture from escaping, which allows the skin to more effectively perform its protective function and leaves it feeling softer and less irritated.
- Dermol cream also contains the active ingredients of benzalkonium chloride and chlorhexidine dihydrochloride which target and destroy Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus) bacteria which is the leading cause of the exacerbation of eczema.
The S. aureus bacteria left untreated cause the skin to have an inflammatory reaction resulting in the skin becoming irritated and itchy. The two antimicrobials in Dermol cream, therefore, reduce skin irritation and prevent skin infections.
Dermol Cream 500g side effects
Dermol 500 creams like all medication can cause side effects in some people but not everyone will experience side effects. For more information on side effects go to the Dermol cream side effects section on this page.
Before you start using Dermol 500 cream you must read the Patient Information Leaflet thoroughly and should be familiar with potential side effects.
- Dermol 500 Cream, Patient Information Leaflet: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/3753/pil
Please ensure you have checked the Patient Information Leaflet thoroughly before using Dermol 500 Cream to ensure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients and you are aware of the full list of warnings associated with Dermol Cream.
Dermol Cream warnings
- Dermol Cream is flammable. Do not smoke or go near naked flames when using Dermol products as this can result in severe burns.
- Dermol 500 Cream contains Cetostearyl alcohol which may cause localised skin reactions.
Dermol Cream, pregnancy and breastfeeding
Dermol Cream can be used during pregnancy and whilst breast-feeding. Please read the Patient Information Leaflet thoroughly for more information.
It is advisable to speak to a doctor or pharmacist before starting any new medical treatments when pregnant or breastfeeding.
Dermol 500 cream is for external use only and should be applied directly to the skin.
Dermol cream should not be ingested. If you have swallowed Dermol cream and feel unwell seek medical advice straight away.
If you get Dermol Cream in your eyes, cleanse your eyes thoroughly with clean, cold water.
For the best outcomes from the use of Dermol Cream, it is best used regularly as part of your moisturising routine and is safe to use as frequently as needed.
How to apply Dermol Cream
Dermol Cream is appropriate for all age groups and can be used as required to cover all affected areas.
For use as a leave-on application:
- Apply as much Dermol 500 Cream as is necessary to cover the affected areas.
- Gently rub into the skin allowing time for any excess cream to soak in.
- Reapply as often as required.
For use as a soap substitute
- Use Dermol 500 Cream to wash with instead of your ordinary soap or shower gel (Please note it will not foam or lather).
- After washing, pat the skin dry with a soft towel (try to avoid rubbing the skin as this can make dry skin conditions worse).
What does Dermol Cream contain?
Dermol cream contains four ingredients which have an active effect on the body, including:
- Liquid paraffin (10% w/w)
- Benzalkonium chloride (0.1% w/w)
- Isopropyl myristate (10% w/w)
- Chlorhexidine dihydrochloride (0.1% w/w)
Dermol cream also contains several ingredients which do not have an effect on the body, including:
- Disodium phosphate dodecahydrate
- Macrogol cetostearyl ether (cetomacrogol 1000) phenoxyethanol
- Sodium dihydrogen phosphate dehydrate
- Cetostearyl alcohol
- Purified water
Dermol Cream side effects
Dermol 500 Cream, like other medications, may cause side effects. Not everyone will experience the same side effects and not everyone will experience side effects at all.
If you do experience side effects when using Dermol 500 Cream you should stop using the cream. If you experience any serious side effects or are worried you should seek advice from a doctor or pharmacist immediately.
The side effects listed below are not an exhaustive list. It is essential that before starting treatment using Dermol Cream that you read the Patient Information Leaflet thoroughly.
It is rare for people to experience side effects from Dermol 500 Cream however it may cause the following side effects:
- Localised skin reactions where the cream has been applied including redness, irritation and itching.
- Serious allergic reaction with swelling of the face, difficulty breathing, dizziness or collapse.
Dermol Cream reviews
Dermol Cream FAQs
Dermol cream can be used for any skin conditions which cause dryness and irritation including dermatitis and eczema.
By softening and smoothing the skin, Dermol can increase the absorption of other medicines applied onto the same area. This can be beneficial in conditions, such as eczema and dermatitis, as improved absorption will enhance the ability of other topically applied medicines, such as corticosteroids. However, it is important not to apply Dermol at the same time, as this can potentially dilute the active ingredients of other medicines. It is recommended to leave at least half an hour between applying Dermol cream and using any other medicated cream, ointment, or lotion.