- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free support and advice
- We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
Enstilar Foam for Psoriasis
Enstilar Cutaneous Foam is one of the most popular choices for treating Psoriasis Vulgaris or plaque psoriasis in adults over the age of 18 years. With an easy to use spray applicator, it gets to work quickly to reduce itching, irritation and inflammation.
At The Independent Pharmacy, you can buy your treatment online quickly and effortlessly when you complete our short online consultation for review by our UK-based medical team.
Enstilar Foam Information
What is Enstilar Foam?
Enstilar Foam is a highly effective topical treatment, containing the active ingredients calcipotriol and betamethasone, used to reduce inflammation and slow the overproduction of skin cells caused by psoriasis.
Each 60g bottle of Enstilar comes with a spray nozzle, making every application easy and mess-free even on those harder to reach places. Enstilar can be applied to any area of the body, excluding the face or genitals, that are affected by plaque psoriasis including the scalp.
Apply just once a day for 4 weeks and see a noticeable improvement to the look and feel of your skin. Leaving skin affected by psoriasis feeling soothed and comfortable.
What is Enstilar Foam used for?
Enstilar Foam has been clinically proven to not only reduce inflammation caused by Psoriasis Vulgaris, or plaque psoriasis but to also slow the growth rate of the skin cells that cause the scaly, flaky, dry patches of skin to develop during a flare-up of this condition.
What is Psoriasis Vulgaris?
Psoriasis Vulgaris is otherwise known as plaque psoriasis and is just one type of psoriasis that causes red, dry, silver scaled skin lesions or plaques to develop. Most commonly the plaques develop on the elbows, knees, scalp and lower back but can affect other areas.
All types of psoriasis are caused by an overproduction of skin cells, which causes immature cells to build-up rapidly on the skin surface resulting in dry, flaky or scaly patches to appear.
Psoriasis can affect people in different ways but often these patches become itchy and irritated and this is where topical treatments such as Enstilar Foam can help to make you feel more comfortable.
How does Enstilar Foam work?
The active ingredients in Enstilar Foam are calcipotriol and betamethasone. These two substances work together to reduce inflammation of the skin and also slow the rate in which new cells are being produced by the skin affected by psoriasis.
- Calcipotriol - Vitamin D derivative that slows the production of skin cells
- Betamethasone - corticosteroid that reduces inflammation
Enstilar Foam alternatives
Enstilar is a brand of plaque psoriasis treatment containing calcipotriol and betamethasone. Dovobet ointment is an acceptable alternative to this treatment, containing the same active ingredients and is safe to use on the body and scalp.
- Enstilar Foam Patient Information Leaflet: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/2139/pil
Enstilar Foam warnings
Please read the Patient Information Leaflet carefully before using this product.
- Enstilar Foam is for use on the skin in adults over the age of 18 years only.
- Speak to a doctor before using this product if you have diabetes or guttate psoriasis.
- If during treatment your skin becomes infected, your condition worsens or you develop visual disturbances you should speak to a doctor.
- Avoid smoking or naked flames while using this product as it contains flammable ingredients.
- If you are using or taking or have recently stopped using any other prescribed or non-prescribed medication, speak to a doctor or pharmacist before use.
Enstilar Foam & pregnancy
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding you should discuss your treatment options before using this product. If you have been advised to use Enstilar while breastfeeding you should avoid applications to the skin on and around the breasts.
Enstilar Foam dosage
- Enstilar Foam is suitable for direct use on skin affected by Psoriasis Vulgaris in adults over the age of 18 years.
- For best results, Enstilar Foam should be applied daily for 4 weeks.
For use on the body:
- Shake can well before use
- Press the lid down to spray foam to affected areas, holding the can 3 cm away from the skin.
- Gently rub the foam into the skin and then wash your hands.
For use on the scalp:
- Comb the scalp and hair to remove loose skin.
- Shake can well before use
- Hold the can 3 cm away and spray into the palm of your hand.
- Using your fingertips apply the foam directly to the areas of affected skin and gently rub into the scalp.
- Wash your hands after use. Do not wash your hair immediately after application. When washing the Enstilar Foam out, apply and massage into dry hair and rinse thoroughly.
For full details on how to use Enstilar Foam please read the Patient Information Leaflet.
Enstilar Foam ingredients
The active substances in each 1 gram Enstilar Foam are: 50 micrograms of calcipotriol and 0.5 milligrams of betamethasone.
The other ingredients are: Liquid paraffin, polyoxypropylene stearyl ether, all-rac-α-tocopherol, white soft paraffin, butylhydroxytoluene (E321), butane, dimethyl ether.
Enstilar Foam side effects
Enstilar Foam can cause some people to experience side effects, although this is uncommon (less than 1 in 100 people are affected).
If you experience any of the following side effects you should stop using this product straight away. If you develop a severe allergic reaction you must seek immediate medical help.
- Worsening of your psoriasis
- Loss of skin pigmentation
- Skin irritation including rash, pain itching or a burning, stinging sensation.
- Swelling at the roots of the hair
Please read the Patient Information Leaflet for full details about side effects.