- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free support and advice
- We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
Gavsicon Double Action Indigestion Relief
Gavsicon is one of the UK's best known brands for treating acid reflux, indigestion and heartburn. Gaviscon Double Action Tablets are a convenient, mint-flavoured option for treating troublesome reflux symptoms on-the-go. A single dose can quickly neutralise excess stomach acid to give fast, long-lasting relief.
You can buy Gavsicon Double Action Tablets online from The Independent Pharmacy in packs of 48 tablets. Our pharmacy team can dispatch your treatment for delivery as quickly as the next working day.
Gaviscon Dual Action Information
What are Gaviscon Double Action Tablets?
Gaviscon Double Action Mint Flavour Chewable Tablets are a handy, fast-acting treatment for symptoms of acid reflux and heartburn. They are effective treating these symptoms from a number of causes, such as eating spicy, fatty, or rich meals, medical conditions that cause excess stomach acid, or pregnancy.
Gaviscon Double Action Mint Flavour Chewable Tablets are circular, pink and white chewable tablets with the odour and flavour of peppermint. They are manufactured by Reckitt Benckiser and are available to buy over-the-counter without a prescription and online in the UK.
How do Gaviscon Double Action Tablets work?
Gavsicon Double Action tablets contain a combination of two antacids (calcium carbonate and sodium bicarbonate) and an alginate which means they can fight your symptoms in two different ways:
- They neutralise excess stomach acid to relieve the pain and discomfort of indigestion in your stomach.
- They form a protective barrier over the stomach contents to prevent acid coming back up your oesophagus and soothe the burning pain in your chest.
Gaviscon Double Action Tabs Patient Information Leaflet: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5329.pdf
Gaviscon Double Action warnings
- This medicine contains sodium (9.72 mmol per 4 tablet dose) and calcium (7.5 mmol per 4 tablet dose). If you have been advised to follow a diet restricted in either of these please consult your doctor.
- This medicine contains 5.6 mg aspartame in each tablet. Aspartame is a source of phenylalanine. It may be harmful if you have phenylketonuria (PKU), a rare genetic disorder in which phenylalanine builds up because the body cannot remove it properly.
- These tablets contain carmoisine lake (E122) which may cause allergic reactions. This product can mask symptoms of other more serious, underlying medical conditions. If symptoms persist, or treatment is required for more than seven days continuously, please speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not take this product within two hours of taking other medicines by mouth as it can interfere with the action of some other medicines. This is especially important if you are taking any of the following medicines:
- Antibiotics (tetracyclines and quinolones such as norfloxacin)
- Iron preparation
- Thyroid hormones (such as thyroxine)
- Antifungals (such as ketoconazole)
- Digoxin and beta-blockers (for heart conditions)
- Neuroleptics (for mental illness)
- Chloroquine (for malaria)
- Bisphosphonates (for osteoporosis)
- Estramustine (for prostate cancer)
Gaviscon Double Action dose
Gavsicon Double Action tablets can be taken by adults and children 12 years and over. They should be chewed throughly before swallowing.
When symptoms of reflux, indigestion or heartburn occur take two to four tablets after meals and at bedtime, up to four times a day.
If you forget a dose, it is not necessary to double the dose next time, just carry on taking as before.
If you take too many tablets you may feel bloated. It is unlikely to cause you any harm, but please consult your doctor or pharmacist.
If symptoms persist, or treatment is required for more than seven days continuously, seek medical advice.
Gaviscon Double Action ingredients
Each tablet contains sodium alginate 250 mg, sodium bicarbonate 106.5 mg and calcium carbonate 187.5 mg.
The other ingredients are xylitol, carmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, macrogol 20,000, mannitol (E421), copovidone, acesulfame-K, aspartame (E951), mint flavour and carmoisine lake (E122)
Gaviscon Double Action tablets do not contain sugar or gluten.
Do not take this product if you know you are allergic to any of the ingredients as very rarely difficulty in breathing and skin rashes have occurred
Gavsicon Double Action side effects
Very rarely (less than 1 in 10,000 patients treated) an allergic reaction to the ingredients may occur. Symptoms of this may include: skin rash itching, difficulty breathing, dizziness, swelling of the face, tongue or throat.
Other side effects of unknown frequency may include constipation, irritability, muscle twitching or muscle cramps, indigestion that comes back when you stop taking the tablets and high levels of calcium in the blood.
If you experience these or any other side effects, stop taking the product and consult your doctor immediately.