- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
Buy Gaviscon Infant Online
When your little one is poorly, you want fast results to nurse them back to health. The Gaviscon Infant Sachets provide exactly that - fast, soothing and long lasting relief from any discomfort or pain your child suffers as a result of heartburn and acid indigestion.
Gaviscon Infant Information
If your child is suffering from the pain or discomfort usually associated with heartburn and acid indigestion, you want a fast action remedy. Look no further than the Gaviscon Infant Sachets to provide fast acting relief to soothe the pain.
Not only does this product act instantly to give immediate relief, but it also has a long lasting effect to treat the effects of gastric reflux in your child. This stomach condition usually manifests in excess acid travelling upwards from the stomach into the food pipe, causing pain and also flatulence.
Unfortunately Gavison Sachets can not be prepared in advance but are small enough to be carried easily.
Gaviscon Infant dosage
Under 4.5kg (10lb): one sachet.
Over 4.5kg (10lb): two sachets.
- Mix each sachet with 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of cooled boiled water until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add another 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of cooled boiled water and mix
- For breast fed infants give Gaviscon Infant part way through each feed or meal using a spoon or feeding bottle.
Under 4.5kg (10lb): one dose to be mixed into not less than 115ml of each feed in the bottle and shaken well.
Over 4.5kg (10lb): two doses to be mixed into not less than 225ml of each feed in the bottle and shaken well.
Two doses, prepared as for breast-fed infants. To be taken after each meal. Please do not exceed the maximum daily dose stated for the age and weight of your child.
Gaviscon Infant ingredients
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are: Each Gaviscon Infant sachet contains:
Sodium Alginate 225mg, Magnesium Alginate 87.5mg.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Each sachet contains approximately 21mg of Sodium.
Gaviscon Infant side effects
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
- A laxative effect (diarrhoea) due to the product's mannitol content.
- Swelling of the stomach (gastric distension)
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Gaviscon Infant warnings
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Gaviscon is not to be used by infants under 1 year of age, except under medical supervision.
- Do not use Gaviscon Infant with other food thickening agents or infant milk preparations containing a thickening agent.
- Do not use more than the stated amount. Do not give more than six times in 24 hours.
- Products containing Mannitol may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea.
- Each sachet is security sealed.
- Do not use if damaged.
- If your infant has been put on a low sodium (salt) diet ask your doctor or other health professional before taking the product. Do not store above 30C.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.