- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
About Lamisil AT 1% Gel
Lamisil At 1% Gel is an effective treatment for a number of fungal skin conditions such as athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm. It is also used for the treatment of candida skin infections while relieving the accompanying itching, burning, cracking and scaling. It is a rich soothing cream with a moisturising content which helps very inflamed, dry or cracked skin.
Lamisil AT 1% Gel information
What is Lamisil AT 1% Gel and what is it used for?
Lamisil AT 1% gel is an ideal treatment for long-lasting protection against the symptoms associated with athlete's foot. Lamisil AT gel contains 1% of an active ingredient known as terbinafine and can be used to treat other fungal infections such as ringworm and jock itch. It works quickly to kill the fungi that cause the infection while also protecting you against further fungal infections.
Lamisil AT gel is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline and is available in 15g tubes from The Independent Pharmacy. This treatment can be used by adults and children over the age of 16 years. Most people will notice a significant improvement in their symptoms within 1 week, however, the skin may take up to a month to heal. If you do not notice any improvement within 2 weeks you should speak to a doctor or pharmacist for advice.
How does Lamisil AT 1% Gel work?
Lamisil AT gel contains an active ingredient known as terbinafine hydrochloride (1%) which is used to treat fungal skin infections. It works by attacking the membranes within the cells of the fungus, causing them to break down and lose the vital chemicals that keep them alive. Over time this destroys the fungi and ultimately kills the infection.
Alternatives to Lamisil AT 1% Gel
It may help speed up the healing process of your skin while using Lamisil AT gel if you take the time to ensure the affected skin is kept clean and dry. It is also recommended that you do not share towels or clothes with other people until you have finished your treatment and your skin is healed. This is to prevent you from spreading the fungal infection to others.
Alternative fungal infection medication available from The Independent Pharmacy include:
- Lamisil AT 1% Gel, Patient Information Leaflet: https://www.medicines.org.uk/e...
Lamisil AT 1% Gel warnings
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Not recommended for use in children under 16 years of age, in pregnancy or breastfeeding, or in hypersensitivity to ingredients
- Lamisil is for external use only
- Do not use Lamisil on nails or scalp, in or near the mouth or the eyes or for vaginal yeast infections
- When using this product do not get into the eyes
- If eye contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water
- Stop use and ask a doctor if too much irritation occurs or if symptoms get worse
- Keep out of reach of children
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a poison control centre right away
- Do not use it if the Lamisil seal on the tube is broken or is not visible
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
How to use Lamisil AT 1% Gel
Adults, including the elderly and children 16 years and over:
- Apply thinly once daily for one week to the affected areas and surrounding skin and rub in gently
- The affected area should be cleaned and dried thoroughly before application
- Wash your hands thoroughly after each application
- If there are no signs of improvement after two weeks, you should seek medical advice
If you are applying Lamisil gel between the buttocks, toes, or groin, you can cover the area with a gauze strip. If you do this, makes sure to use a fresh and clean strip with each application.
Lamisil AT 1% Gel ingredients
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is: Terbinafine 1%.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients: Water, ethanol, isopropyl myristate, polysorbate 20, carbomer 974P, sorbitan laurate, benzyl alcohol, sodium hydroxide, butylated hydroxytoluene.
Lamisil AT 1% Gel side effects
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however, if you do they can include:
- Skin exfoliation
- Itching at the site of the application
- Dry skin
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.