Lamisil Once - Requiring just one application, and continuing to work until its target is eliminated, Lamisil Once® has proved to be a powerful cream for the treatment of athlete’s foot. This uniquely rich and soothing cream not only moisturises but also penetrates the skin, working on the dry or cracked areas which have become inflamed.
Containing the active ingredient known as terbinafine hydrochloride, this cutaneous solution eliminates fungal infections and yeasts by stopping the production of ergosterol, a substance which is an important component of cell membranes. Lack of ergosterol causes holes to develop in the cell membranes, leading to essential contents of the cells leaking out and unwanted, as well as toxic, compounds entering. It is via these perforations to the cell membrane that allows terbinafine to clear up the infection. As a treatment for athlete’s foot (also known as tinea pedis), Lamisil Once® is readily available in pharmacies.
Before applying the solution, you should wash and dry both hands and feet. Even if only one foot appears to be affected, or some skin appears to be unaffected by fungus, take the safeguard of applying Lamisil Once cream to both feet, to be sure that all chances of the existence of fungus have been eliminated. Applying the Lamisil Once both on and between the toes is a good starting point, then move on to covering the sides, top of the foot and also the sole. When finished, the cream should still be visible on the skin, rather than massaged until it has disappeared. Once you have reached this point, feel free to wash your hands but leave Lamisil Once in place on your feet for at least twenty four hours. Showering or bathing could be the ideal time to apply Lamisil Once, allowing the cream to do its work until next day at the same time. In the meantime, keep your feet as dry as possible and consider using Daktarin Activ fungal powder to dry off any moisture caused through sweating, or any other situation which may lead to moist feet.
Terbinafine itself is known to stop the spread of athlete’s foot better and, indeed, more quickly, than other anti-fungal treatments and provides long lasting protection.
Lamisil Once offers a convenient alternative to treating with some other creams, as others may need to be applied twice daily for a week or more.
Lamisil Once is a powerful treatment for athlete’s foot which requires just one single application.
Adults, including the elderly and children 18 years and over:
- Lamisil Once should be spread quickly and evenly over the whole of both feet and not massaged into the skin.
- No second application is needed and so the whole content of the tube should be used in this first and only application.
- Lamisil Once® should dry into a colourless film within two minutes.
- When you are satisfied that you have successfully applied the cream, wash your hands thoroughly.
- Only wear socks and shoes when the film has dried.
- Discard what should now be an empty tube as, once opened, the tube will no longer be effective at a later date
- Do not share a tube of Lamisil Once with other people, as the quantity is designed for one use only and sharing could cause cross-infection.
- The film on your feet will continue working for up to thirteen days from that one application.
- Improvement should be noticeable within four days, though it could take Lamisil Once up to four weeks to completely rid your feet of the infection.
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
Skin exfoliation, itching at site of application, dry skin.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
To be sure you are choosing an appropriate product, take into practice the following warnings:
If allergic to any ingredient stated in the product information leaflet or on the packaging, do not use Lamisil Once.
Take care with Lamisil Once:
- Do not use this cream on children or adolescents under 18, since there is insufficient experience of its use on minors.
- If you have long-term or recurring fungal infections on the soles and / or heels of your feet, which lead to flaky or thickened skin, do not use Lamisil Once. Instead, report this condition to your doctor, who may prescribe a different medicine or treatment.
Never use this cream on any skin other than on your feet. If the cream enters your eyes, or is absorbed into an abrasion, it may cause irritation. In the case of open lesions (cuts), the alcohol content of Lamisil Once could cause irritation. In the case of your eyes, rinse thoroughly with clean running water. Should the irritation persist, consult your doctor.
Lamisil Once is for external use only and should never be swallowed.
Keep safely away from naked flames, as Lamisil Once contains an element of alcohol.
When using Lamisil Once on your feet, do not use any other medicine (prescription or non-prescription) or treatment. Before purchase of Lamisil Once, discuss any medication recently taken, including both prescription and non-prescription items, with your doctor or pharmacist.
Breast-feeding mothers must not use Lamisil Once, as the active ingredient of terbinafine will be present in breast milk.
Please read the product information leaflet, as well as any packaging details, before using any new medication and always inform your doctor of other medications you take or may soon take.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Acrylates / octylacrylamide copolymer, hydroxypropyl cellulose, triglycerides and ethanol.