- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
Imodium Melts - Instant Diarrhoea Tablets
Around 3.2 million people in the UK suffer from irritable bowel syndrome or loose bowel movements. IBS symptoms can affect your everyday life, but Imodium Instants offer fast and effective relief from diarrhoea symptoms including severe diarrhoea, tummy pain, and a swollen stomach.
Imodium is one of the UK's most well-known diarrhoea treatments, and the Imodium Instant Melts provide on the go relief for short-lived bouts of diarrhoea. Imodium Instant Melts can be taken without water, as the tablet dissolves instantly on your tongue. Buy yours today from The Independent Pharmacy and treat diarrhoea fast. Fill in a short online consultation for our pharmacy team to review and we can deliver your treatment as quickly as the next working day.
Imodium Instant Melts Information
What are Imodium Instant Melts?
Imodium Instant Melts are an effective treatment for acute diarrhoea that start to work in as little as one hour. They contain the active ingredient loperamide hydrochloride, the same as Imodium capsules but come in a convenient, discreet, melt-in-the-mouth tablet that does not require water to swallow.
Imodium Instant Melts are small off-white mint-flavoured tablets. They are manufactured by McNeil Products and are available from The Independent Pharmacy in packs of 18 tablets.
Features of Imodium instant melts include:
- Can provide diarrhoea relief in under 1 hour.
- Dissolves instantly on the tongue for fast and effective relief.
- Restores your bowel to its normal rhythm.
How to treat diarrhoea with Imodium Melts
Imodium Melts are useful for quickly stopping diarrhoea where there is no serious underlying cause. When using Imodium Melts, you need to ensure that you are replacing any fluids lost from bouts of diarrhoea by regularly sipping water or using electrolyte rehydration sachets, such as Dioralyte.
If your diarrhoea has not improved after 48 hours of using Imodium Melts, you should see your doctor for further investigation.
Imodium Melts dosage
Adults and children over 12 years:
- Initially, take two tablets followed, if necessary, by 1 tablet after every loose bowel movement.
- Let the tablets dissolve in the mouth.
- Take up to a maximum of six tablets each day.
- If your diarrhoea continues after 48 hours, you should see your doctor.
Imodium Instant Melts ingredients
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
Loperamide Hydrochloride 2mg per tablet.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Gelatin, Mannitol, Aspartame, Mint Flavour and Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate.
Imodium Melts side effects
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take Imodium Melts, however if you do they can include:
Headache, dizziness, constipation, nausea, flatulence, abdominal pain, abdominal discomfort, dry mouth, vomiting, dyspepsia.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Please read the the Patient Information Leaflet in full before you take the medicine.
Imodium Melts warnings
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Read the enclosed product information leaflet before taking this medication.
- Imodium Instant Melts should be used only for symptomatic relief of diarrhoea and not as an alternative to rehydration therapy.
- Keep out of sight and out of reach of children.
Imodium Instant Melts should not be used in:
- Patients with a known hypersensitivity to loperamide hydrochloride or to any of the excipients.
- Children less than 12 years of age.
- Patients with acute dysentery, which is characterised by blood in stools and high fever.
- Patients with acute ulcerative colitis.
- Patients with bacterial enterocolitis caused by invasive organisms including Salmonella, Shigella and Campylobacter.
- Patients with pseudomembranous colitis associated with the use of broad-spectrum antibiotics.
If any of the following apply, do not use Imodium Melts without first consulting your doctor, even if you know you have IBS:
- If you are aged 40 or over and it is some time since your last IBS attack
- If you are aged 40 or over and your IBS symptoms are different this time
- If you have recently passed blood from the bowel
- If you suffer from severe constipation
- If you are feeling sick or vomiting
- If you have lost your appetite or lost weight
- If you have difficulty or pain passing urine
- If you have a fever
- If you have recently travelled abroad
Consult your doctor if you develop new symptoms, if your symptoms worsen, or your symptoms have not improved over two weeks.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
Imodium Melts in pregnancy
Imodium Melts have not been adequately tested in pregnancy and therefore are not recommended for use at any time during pregnancy.
Loperamide can appear in human breastmilk so use whilst breastfeeding is not advised.