- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
Imodium Dual Action - Diarrhoea Relief
Imodium is one of the UK's most well known diarrhoea treatment, and the original Imodium Capsules have provided a tried and trusted option. Imodium Dual Action Relief Tablets have an added ingredient for dual action relief of diarrhoea as well as painful cramps, wind, and bloating often associated with an upset stomach.
Buy Imodium Dual Action Relief Tablets online from The Independent Pharmacy by completing a short online consultation. Our pharmacy team will review your order to ensure it's the best treatment for you and it can be posted to you as quickly as the next working day.
Imodium Dual Action Information
What is Imodium Dual Action?
Imodium is one of the UK's most well known brands of diarrhoea treatment. Imodium contains loperamide which helps to stop diarrhoea by slowing down the bowel, allowing the body time to absorb more water and electrolytes. Imodium Dual Action Relief Tablets contain the same amount of loperamide as original Imodium Capsules, and they also contain a second active ingredient called simeticone which helps to break up trapped wind that is often responsible for cramps and bloating.
Imodium Dual Action comes in an easy-to-swallow caplet and provides fast and effective relief from the symptoms of diarrhoea. Imodium Plus Caplets are manufactured by Janssen Cilag and marketed by McNeil. They are available in packs of 6 and 12.
Effective relief can usually be found with just one single dose, but further caplets can be taken after each episode. You can combine Imodium Dual Action Relief Tablets with oral rehydration sachets (like Dioralyte) to ensure that you replace lost fluids, salts, and sugars whilst you are recovering from diarrhoea.
For further advice on how to treat diarrhoea, see our diarrhoea treatment section.
Imodium Dual Action Relief Tablets Patient Information Leaflet:
Imodium Dual Action dosage
Adults over 18 years:
Initially, take two caplets followed, if required, by 1 caplet after every loose bowel movement.
Adolescents 12 - 18 years:
Initially take 1 caplet, followed by another 1 caplet after every loose bowel movement.
No more than 4 caplets should be taken per day, for a maximum of 2 days for adults and adolescents.
Imodium Dual Action ingredients
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
Loperamide Hydrochloride 2 mg and Simeticone 125 mg.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Calcium Hydrogen Phosphate Anhydrous, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Acesulfame Potassium, Artificial Vanilla Flavour (includes Propylene Glycol, Maltodextrin and Benzyl Alcohol), Sodium Starch Glycolate (type A) and Stearic Acid.
Imodium Dual Action side effects
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
Headache, dizziness, constipation, nausea, flatulence, abdominal pain, abdominal discomfort, dry mouth, vomiting, dyspepsia.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Ensure you read the patient information leaflet in full before you start taking Imodium Plus.
Imodium Dual Action warnings
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Imodium Dual Action should be used only for symptomatic relief of diarrhoea and not as an alternative to rehydration therapy.
- Read the enclosed product information leaflet before taking this medication.
- Keep out of sight and out of reach of children.
- Imodium Dual Action should not be given to children under 12 years.
- Imodium Dual Action only treat the symptoms of diarrhoea. In some cases, the cause of your diarrhoea may require treatment, if symptoms persist or worsen, please contact your doctor.
- If you have severe diarrhoea as your body loses more fluid, sugars and salts than normal. You will need to replace the fluid by drinking more liquid than usual. Ask your pharmacist about special powders which replace the sugars and salts, such as Dioralyte.
- If you have AIDS and your stomach becomes swollen, stop taking the tablets immediately and contact your doctor.
- If you have liver disease. Check with your doctor before using the tablets. Some of the side-effects might be more troublesome.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines including:
- Quinidine (used to treat abnormal heart rhythms or malaria)
- Itraconazole or ketoconazole (antifungal medicines)
- Gemfibrozil (used to treat high cholesterol)
- Ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection and AIDS)
- Desmopressin (used to control thirst and urine production in patients with diabetes insipidus)
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
Pregnancy & breastfeeding
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- This medicine is not recommended if you are breast-feeding as small amounts of the medicine may get into your milk. Talk to your doctor about a suitable treatment.