Levitra tablets increase healthy blood flow to the penis, helping you to achieve and maintain a satisfactory erection when aroused. Levitra has been shown to be more effective than other erectile dysfunction (ED) treatments at treating men over 50, as well as those with other health risks such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes.
- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
|Type of medicine||Phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors|
|Works by||Causing the blood vessels to widen increasing blood flow to the penis|
|Strength||2.5mg & 5mg|
|Effective within||Always active due to daily dose|
|Pack size||28 tablets|
|Manufacturer||Teva, Crescent, Strides|
|Use with alcohol||In moderation|
We stock 2 different variants of Tadalafil 2.5mg & 5mg Once Daily Tablets
Generic Tadalafil — an unbranded alternative to Cialis
If you’re new to the world of ED medication, you might be feeling a little confused by all of the different options. To clarify, Tadalafil is just the generic equivalent to Cialis, a branded drug used to treat erectile dysfunction and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), an enlargement of the prostate.
The active ingredient in both medications is exactly the same, but because Tadalafil is unbranded, it’s typically more affordable and more widely available. Tadalafil is just as effective as Cialis, and is on sale in the UK thanks to the recent patent expiration on the Cialis brand name.
Tadalafil comes in a variety of strengths. Tadalafil 5mg and 2.5mg tablets (also referred to as Tadalafil Daily) are weaker forms of the medication and are designed for daily use, similar to Cialis Daily.
What is erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a medical condition that affects a man's ability to get and maintain an erection sufficient for sexual activity, despite sexual stimulation. ED can be caused by a variety of factors, including physical, psychological, or lifestyle factors.
Physical causes of ED can include medical conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, or hormonal imbalances. Certain medications or surgeries can also contribute to ED. Psychological factors that can contribute to ED include stress, anxiety, depression, or relationship problems. Lifestyle factors such as smoking, alcohol use, or a sedentary lifestyle can also increase the risk of developing ED.
If you're experiencing ED and it’s affecting your ability to have sexual intercourse, it's important to talk to your healthcare provider. They can help determine the underlying cause and recommend appropriate treatment options to help improve your sexual function and overall health. For more information, visit our erectile dysfunction treatment hub.
How does Tadalafil work?
Tadalafil works by relaxing the blood vessels in the penis, increasing the blood flow and making it easier to achieve an erection during sexual stimulation. The effects of Tadalafil typically last much longer (up to 36 hours) than Sildenafil, another popular ED treatment commonly sold under the brand name Viagra.
Tadalafil Daily is taken in a lower dose than regular Tadalafil, typically in doses of 2.5mg or 5mg, and is intended for daily use. By taking a lower dose on a daily basis, the medication can remain active in the body and provide more consistent results compared to taking a higher dose only when needed. This makes Tadalafil Daily the best choice for anyone who has sex frequently (3 times a week or more) and regularly suffers from ED.
It's important to note that Tadalafil treatment won’t increase sexual desire — you still need to be sexually aroused for the medication to work. The treatment will only prove effective when combined with adequate sexual stimulation.
If you have any questions or concerns about how Tadalafil Daily works or whether it's the right erectile dysfunction treatment for you, talk to your GP or pharmacist.
Which strength of Tadalafil is right for me?
When choosing a strength of Tadalafil treatment, there are several factors to consider, including your age, overall health, and the severity of your ED. It's important to work with your healthcare provider to determine the right strength of Tadalafil for you.There are two choices when deciding which strength of Tadalafil to take:
- Tadalafil 10mg & 20mg — the ‘as-needed’ option. These tablets are designed to provide an erection when needed and aren’t intended for daily use. They’re best for anyone who occasionally suffers from erectile dysfunction, or those who have sex infrequently.
- Tadalafil 2.5mg & 5mg (Tadalafil Daily) — designed for those who have sex regularly (around 2-3 times a week) and consistently suffer from ED,. With Tadalafil Daily, the active ingredient is ‘topped up’ through repeated dosing and remains active in the body. This dosage is designed as a more natural way of managing ED and provides steady, low-level results.
Remember that it may take several days of dosing before the levels of Tadalafil Daily build up enough to produce the desired effect. If you’re planning to have sex on a specific date, it may prove more cost-effective to take a single, higher dose of Tadalafil instead.
When deciding which strength of Tadalafil is right for you, your pharmacist will consider your medical history and any medications you're currently taking, along with any underlying health conditions you may have. In some cases a lower dose of Tadalafil may be recommended to avoid any potential complications.
Remember — it's important to follow your prescription when using Tadalafil and to never take more than the prescribed dose. If you have any questions or concerns about which strength of Tadalafil is right for you, talk to your GP or pharmacist. They can help you determine the best course of treatment for your individual needs. For more information, visit our guide on Tadalafil dosage.
How to take Tadalafil 2.5mg & 5mg
Take one Tadalafil 5mg or 2.5mg tablet per day. Do not repeat the dose or take another ED medication within a 36-hour period. Try to take your dose at the same time every day.
Tadalafil tablets can be taken either with or without food but should be taken orally, with water, and swallowed whole when you take them.
You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while using Tadalafil.
Tadalafil (2.5mg & 5mg) dosage
The recommended starting dose for Tadalafil is 2.5mg. This should be taken once daily at approximately the same time each day, regardless of when sexual activity is planned.
If the 2.5mg dose is not effective or it is well-tolerated, the dose may be increased to 5mg once daily. It's important to never take more than the prescribed dose of Tadalafil, as this can increase the risk of side effects and potentially harmful interactions with other medications.
If you miss a dose of Tadalafil, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Tadalafil tablets contain: 2.5mg or 5mg (depending on the strength) of Tadalafil as the active ingredient.
The inactive ingredients contained in Tadalafil tablets are: Lactose monohydrate, croscarmellose sodium, hydroxypropyl cellulose, sodium lauryl sulphate, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate.
Tadalafil (2.5mg & 5mg) side effects
Tadalafil is generally well-tolerated, but like any medication, it can cause side effects in some people. Here are some potential side effects to be aware of when taking Tadalafil:
- Back pain
- Muscle aches
- Nasal congestion
- Indigestion or stomach upset
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Blurred vision or changes in colour vision
- Sudden loss of hearing or ringing in the ears
- Priapism (a prolonged and painful erection that lasts longer than 4 hours)
- Allergic reactions, including rash, hives, or swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat
If you experience any of these side effects while taking Tadalafil tablets to treat erectile dysfunction, it's important to contact your local GP or pharmacist. In some cases, they may recommend adjusting your dosage or switching to a different medication.
In rare cases, Tadalafil can cause serious side effects such as low blood pressure or vision loss, which require immediate medical attention.
Tadalafil drug interactions
Tadalafil may interact with other drugs, and some of these interactions can be harmful. These include:
- Nitrates: Taking tadalafil with nitrates, such as nitroglycerin, can cause a sudden and dangerous drop in blood pressure.
- Alpha-blockers: Tadalafil may increase the effects of alpha-blockers, such as doxazosin and terazosin, which are used to treat high blood pressure and prostate enlargement.
- Antihypertensive drugs: Tadalafil can enhance the effects of antihypertensive drugs, leading to a significant drop in blood pressure.
- Antibiotics: Tadalafil can interact with certain antibiotics, such as clarithromycin and erythromycin, leading to increased levels of tadalafil in the blood.
- Antifungal drugs: Tadalafil can also interact with some antifungal drugs, such as ketoconazole and itraconazole, leading to increased levels of tadalafil in the blood.
- HIV protease inhibitors: Tadalafil can interact with some HIV protease inhibitors, such as ritonavir and saquinavir, leading to increased levels of tadalafil in the blood.
- Grapefruit juice: Grapefruit juice can increase the levels of tadalafil in the blood, leading to increased risk of side effects.
Tadalafil (2.5mg & 5mg) warnings
Please read the following warnings carefully:
- Tadalafil should only be taken as prescribed by a healthcare professional.
- Tadalafil is not intended for use in women or children.
- Tadalafil should not be taken if you're taking medications containing nitrates or if you have a history of cardiovascular disease or other heart problems.
- You should not take Tadalafil if you have a history of allergic reactions to Tadalafil or other PDE5 inhibitors.
- Tadalafil can cause dizziness and affect your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery.
- Tadalafil tablets may interact with certain medications, including alpha-blockers, and can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure.
- If you experience an erection that lasts longer than 4 hours, seek immediate medical attention to prevent damage to the penis.
- Tadalafil tablets should not be taken with grapefruit or grapefruit juice as it can increase the risk of side effects.
- If you experience sudden vision loss or changes in vision, stop taking Tadalafil and seek medical attention immediately.
It's important to talk to your GP or pharmacist if you have any concerns about using Tadalafil, or if you experience any side effects. They can help determine if Tadalafil is right for you and recommend appropriate treatment options. For a full list of warnings and side effects, please refer to the Tadalafil Patient Information Leaflet.
What does 5mg of tadalafil do?
The 5mg dose of tadalafil is a common starting dose for people who are new to the medication or those who have a history of side effects from higher doses. The 5mg dose is also a suitable maintenance dose for people who have been taking tadalafil daily and have found it to be effective for their ED.
In general, taking a 5mg dose of tadalafil can help improve erectile function and sexual performance in men with ED. However, the effectiveness of the medication can vary depending on individual factors such as the underlying cause of ED, age, and overall health.
Can I order Tadalafil online?
Yes, you can order Tadalafil online through The Independent Pharmacy, subject to an online consultation with one of our qualified healthcare professionals. The consultation is a simple and secure process that involves answering a few questions about your health and medical history to ensure that Tadalafil is a safe and effective treatment option for you.
If our healthcare professional determines that Tadalafil is suitable for you, our in-house pharmacy can dispense and deliver the medication discreetly to you. Our pharmacy is regulated by the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) and only dispenses genuine medication that has been sourced from reputable suppliers.
How many hours does 5mg tadalafil last for?
Because Tadalafil 2.5mg and 5mg tablets are designed to be taken every day, their effect is constant. However, if you’ve only recently started taking Tadalafil Daily then it may take a few days for the medication to build up in your system and produce the desired effect.
If you’re planning to have sex on a specific date, you may prefer to use a higher strength of Tadalafil. Tadalafil 10mg and 20mg tablets are designed to be taken around an hour before sex and last around 36 hours. You can order Tadalafil 10mg & 20mg tablets through The Independent Pharmacy.
Is Tadalafil Daily safe?
Tadalafil was approved for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in 2003, and is considered safe to use by most people. However, there are certain circumstances where you should not take Tadalafil, These include:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients listed
- If you have low blood pressure
- If you have heart, liver or kidney problems
- If you are taking medication containing nitrates
- If you are taking medication for your heart, or for the treatment of epilepsy
- If you have ever suffered a heart attack or a stroke
Bear in mind that this list is not exhaustive. See the Patient Information Leaflet for full details.
When is the best time to take tadalafil 5mg daily?
No one specific time is optimal when taking Tadalafil 2.5mg or 5mg tablets, as this medication works by gradually building up in your system over time. The key is to take it consistently.
Take one tablet at the same time every day. If you miss a dose of Tadalafil, take one as soon as you remember. However, it’s best to skip the missed dose if your next dose is almost due.