- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free support and advice
- We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
Hycosan Extra Lubricating Eye Drops
Hycosan Extra is a specially designed eye drop proven to hydrate and lubricate the eye, soothing even the most severe and persistent cases of dry eyes.
Buy your dry eye treatment online today from The Independent Pharmacy in just a few simple steps. Start by completing our short health questionnaire and get fast, convenient home delivery.
Hycosan Extra Eye Drops
What is Hycosan Extra?
Hycosan Extra contains a naturally occurring substance called Sodium Hyaluronate (0.2%) that helps to protect and lubricate dry eyes by replenishing the quality and quantity of the tear film that may have been lost.
Each bottle of Hycosan Extra is preservative-free and maintains 6 months of sterility once opened. These lubricating drops are also ideal for contact lens users who require that extra bit of moisture to keep their eyes comfortable throughout the day.
What is Hycosan Extra used for?
Hycosan Extra lubricating eye drops are a fantastic treatment option for people who suffer from severe or persistent dry eyes.
Common symptoms include:
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light
- Watering more than normal
If you are unsure whether you are suffering from dry eyes, however, it is a good idea to speak to a pharmacist or doctor for advice before starting any treatments.
How does Hycosan Extra work?
Sodium hyaluronate is the active ingredient in Hycosan Extra. It is a very effective treatment for dry eyes as it provides “artificial tears” to lubricate the surface of your eyes. It helps to replace any moisture that has been lost from your eyes, leaving them feeling more soothed, comfortable and protected.
Hycosan Extra warnings
- Hycosan Extra is for use in the eyes only. Do not swallow.
- Do not use it after 6 months of opening.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- After the drops are first inserted, you may experience some blurring to your vision. This should pass within a few minutes.
Hycosan Extra - Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
You should speak to a doctor or pharmacist before using this medication if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Hycosan Extra dosage
Hycosan Extra are for use in the eyes only. Do not swallow.
Apply 1 drop to each eye 3 - 4 times a day. Most people will find this is enough to offer relief from dry eyes but they can be applied more regularly if required.
How to use Hycosan Extra
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Remove the cap from the bottle.
- Tilt your head back slightly and pull your lower lid down to form a pocket.
- Hold the bottle upside down near to your eye, without touching your eye.
- Place your thumb at the top next to the applicator tip and 2 fingers on the base, apply pressure to the bottle to release one drop.
- Close your eyes for 1 minute to help the drop absorb.
- Repeat in the other eye and then replace the cap.
If you are using other eye medication at the same time as these drops, you should wait 30 minutes before applying Hycosan Extra.
Please ensure you follow the instructions for use that are printed on each box. If you have, however, been prescribed these drops by a doctor you should follow the instructions they have given to you.
Hycosan Extra ingredients
Each 7.5 ml bottle of Hycosan Extra contains: 14 mg of Sodium Hyaluronate.
Hycosan Extra side effects
It is rare for people to experience side effects when using Hycosan Extra as the active ingredient is a product that the body produces naturally. However, if you develop any localised irritation in your eyes while using this product you should stop using it straight away. If your symptoms do not improve you should speak to a doctor for advice.