- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
Hylo-Forte Eye Drops
Hylo-Tear Eye Drops are lubricating eye drops used to treat mild to moderate symptoms of dry eyes. Just 1 drop helps to soothe the surface of the eyes and ease irritation caused by daily wear of contact lenses.
Buy Hylo-Tear Eye Drops eye drops online today, when you complete a short health questionnaire, from The Independent Pharmacy and get fast, reliable delivery.
Hylo-Tear Eye Drops Information
What are Hylo-Tear Eye Drops?
Hylo-Tear Eye Drops are preservative and phosphate-free. They contain a natural solution of 0.1% Sodium Hyaluronate that is highly effective at calming and soothing irritated eyes that may also feel itchy, gritty or sting. Quickly settling symptoms of mild to moderate dry eyes, proving relief that lasts.
These sterile eye drops can be used for up to 6 months after opening and are a fantastic treatment choice for anyone that suffers from temporary ocular irritation caused by wearing contact lenses.
What are Hylo-Tear Eye Drops used for?
Each drop of Hylo-Tear provides long-lasting protection and hydration of the surface of the eye making them a great treatment option for people who suffer from mild to moderate symptoms of dry eyes.
Common symptoms include:
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light
- Watering more than normal
If you are unsure if you are suffering from symptoms of dry eyes it is recommended that you discuss these with a doctor or pharmacist to ensure you get the right treatment for you.
How do Hylo-Tear Eye Drops work?
Hylo-Tear Eye Drops contain 0.1% of Sodium Hyaluronate, which is a very effective treatment for dry eyes as they lubricate and hydrate the tear film over the surface of the eye helping to soothe irritation and protect them from further moisture loss.
Alternatives to Hylo-Tear Eye Drops
At The Independent Pharmacy, we stock a range of over the counter dry eye treatments to ensure that our products suit our customer’s individual needs.
Examples of our alternative dry eye treatments include:
- HycoSan Original - 0.1% sodium hyaluronate
- HycoSan Extra - 0.2% sodium hyaluronate
- Hylo-Forte Eye Drops - 0.2% sodium hyaluronate
For more information about our currently available treatment options, please take a look at our Dry Eye Advice and Treatments page.
Hylo-Tear Eye Drops dosage
Hylo-Tear Eye Drops eye drops are for use in the eyes only. Do not swallow. Insert 1 drop to the affected eyes as and when it is needed.
How to use Hylo-Tear Eye Drops
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Remove the cap from the bottle.
- Tilt your head back slightly and pull your lower lid down to form a pocket.
- Place your thumb at the top next to the applicator tip and 2 fingers on the base,
- Hold the bottle upside down near to your eye, without touching your eye. Apply pressure to the bottle to release one drop.
- Close your eyes and blink slowly to help the drops absorb into the eye.
- Repeat in the other eye and then replace the cap.
Hylo-Tear Eye Drops ingredients
The active ingredient in Hylo-Tear Eye Drops is: Sodium Hyaluronate 0.1% (1mg/ml).
The other ingredients are: Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate Dihydrate, Sorbitol, Water for injection.
Hylo-Tear Eye Drops side effects
In the unlikely event that you develop irritation to the eye or eyes in which you have applied Hylo-Tear Eye Drops you should stop using these drops straight away. If your symptoms do not improve, speak to a doctor for advice.
Hylo-Tear Eye Drops warnings
- Hylo-Tear Eye Drops is for use in the eyes only. Do not swallow.
- Do not use this product if it has been open for more than 6 months.
- Keep out of reach of children
- After each application, your vision may become temporarily blurry. This should resolve quickly as the drops are absorbed.
Hylo-Tear Eye Drops in pregnancy & breastfeeding
You must speak to a doctor or pharmacist before using this product if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.