Golden eye drops
GoldenEye 0.1% w/v Eye Drops Solution is an easy way to treat minor eye infections and irritations such as conjunctivitis and blepharitis. It also relieves eye symptoms such as redness, soreness, sties and a feeling of grittiness in the eyes.
Simply put one-to-two drops into the affected eye(s), four times daily to soothe common complaints such as sticky eyes and conjunctivitis. The solution contains Propamidine Isetionate, an antiseptic that kills bacteria. If you suffer from minor eye infections or irritations, try GoldenEye 0.1% w/v Eye Drops Solution for fast acting, easy-to-use relief.
GoldenEye 0.1% w/v Eye Drops Solution contain the active ingredient propamidine, an antibacterial. Propamidine stops bacteria from growing and multiplying. Any remaining bacteria die or are killed by the body’s immune system.
If condition improves, continue to use the drops or ointment until the symptoms have cleared. If the condition returns after finishing treatment, If there is no improvement after two days or the symptoms have worsened, talk to your doctor.
- Do not wear contact lenses while using GoldenEye 0.1% w/v Eye Drops Solution, as they could become discoloured.
- If you use GoldenEye® 0.1% w/v Eye Drops Solution during the day and the GoldenEye® 0.15% w/w Eye Ointment in the evening, apply the ointment before sleep.
Before you use GoldenEye 0.1% w/v Eye Drops Solution:
- Be sure the bottle is sterile. Do not use the drops if the seal has been broken.
- - Do not wear your contact lenses while using the drops.
- - You can start wearing hard contact lenses or disposable contact lenses again after you have finished the treatment.
- - If you wear soft contact lenses, wait 24 hours after your last dose before wearing them again. Benzalkonium chloride discolours soft contact lenses.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- If your condition shows no improvement after 2 days, stop using the medication and consult your pharmacist or doctor
If you have any symptoms of macular degeneration due to diabetes, you should consult your doctor before using either the drops or the ointment.
Other medications that contain the same active ingredient include:
Other medications in the same group: Optrex Eye Wash and Chloramphicol
Adults, including the elderly and children 2 years and over:
Instil one or two drops to each affected eye up to four times every day, without touching the eye.
Discontinue using the solution and contact your pharmacist or doctor if symptoms do not improve after two days.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- After 4 weeks of opening these eye drops, discard any unused solution.
- Until you are sure you can see clearly after using the drops, avoid driving or operating machinery.
- Avoid wearing soft or hard lenses.
- Discontinue using the eye drops and contact your doctor, if you experience any allergic reaction.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
Propamidine Isethionate 0.1% w/v.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide and Hydrochloric Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride 0.01% w/v.