Optrex Eye Wash
Optrex Multi-Action Eye Wash gives fast relief from tired, uncomfortable and irritated eyes. The special formula gently washes your eyes and, for people who have experienced dusty and gritty environments, this medication replenishes the natural moisture.
Environmental toxins, such as smoke and other forms of airborne pollution, can affect our eyes, as can too much time spent on the computer, driving for long periods and wearing contact lenses.
The same neutral pH level as natural tears, Optrex contains natural plant extracts and washes away grit, pollen and dust particles which lodge in the eyes and also rids them of discomfort, by soothing and treating their sensitivity.
The design of Optrex multi-action eyewash also takes into consideration the effects of our modern lifestyle and it is so versatile that you really do need to keep this item at hand in your first aid kit. This eyewash comes with an eye bath and also works well on removing trapped make-up from the eyes.
If you wear contact lenses
For those who wear contact lenses, do not use Optrex Multi Action Eyewash while wearing the contact lenses, or within fifteen minutes of inserting them.
Adults, including the elderly and children 2 years and over:
- Rinse eye bath with eye wash immediately before and after use.
- Gently pour eye wash into the eye bath until 1/3 full.
- Bend your head slightly forward, holding the eye bath by its base.
- Place the eye bath over your eye.
- Slowly raise your head with your eye open so that the eye wash flows freely over it.
- Gently rock your head from side to side for at least 30 seconds.
- Discard any eye wash left in the eye bath.
- Repeat these steps for your other eye.
- It is sensible to sterilize the eye bath by boiling it in water, if it is likely to be used by more than one person.
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
Temporary stinging and irritation might occur. If used for a prolonged period of time, secondary hyperaemia might occur again.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Do not use whilst or just before wearing soft contact lenses.
- Do not return used wash to the bottle.
- Discard 3 months after first opening.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Purified water, Alcohol, Boric Acid, Glycerin, Sodium Borate, Benzalkonium Chloride.