Buscopan IBS Relief is an effective treatment for relieving the pain of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Buscopan IBS Relief provides effective relief from the pain of Irritable Bowel Symdrome by targeting the pain at its source, helping to relax the bowel muscles which in turn will help to stop any spasms and decrease overall discomfort.
Many people around the world suffer from pain and discomfort caused by IBS. In order to decrease the discomfort caused by this ubiquitous condition, you will need to find a safe and effective solution such as Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets.
By taking Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets to target your pain and discomfort you can be assured of a fast acting treatment that will dramatically reduce your pain by relaxing your bowel muscles.
Buscopan has been used as an effective anti-spasmodic drug by those who wish to ease their IBS cramps for over half a century. It is a condition that can get in the way of everyday life, preventing sufferers from doing what they want, directly impacting upon their quality of life. By taking Buscopan you will be back to normal in the quickest possible way.
Buscopan was initially developed over 50 years ago as an effective way of treating stomach and abdominal pain caused by the cramping of the gastro-intestinal tract. Today, it is the best-selling antispasmodic treatment available and is on the market across the globe in more than 50 countries.
The main ingredient in Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets is called Hyoscine Butylbromide, a derivative of hyoscine, one of the natural metabolites of the duboisia plant. Hyoscine Butylbromide, more generally, is part of a drug family referred to by scientists as antispasmodics
Medical professionals have shown that painful abdominal cramps affect almost 20 percent of adults, including other accompanying symptoms such as constipation, bloating, and diarrhoea. These symptoms,, which can be both painful as well as unpleasant is called Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
The exact cause of the syndrome is still a mystery to medical researchers; however it is undoubtedly a serious condition that can have damaging effects on the sufferer’s life. Because IBS symptoms are unpredictable, they can wreak havoc on a sufferer’s quality of life, directly impacting upon their personal and professional lives.
Buscopan has been a saviour to many for over 50 years, offering sufferer’s an easy and effective way to target abdominal pain directly. By going straight to the site of the pain, Buscopan allows the cramped bowel muscles to relax, providing effective relief.
This IBS treatment has a long track record and has been proven time and time again to be a safe and effective way of dealing with IBS. That is why it is the leading treatment for IBS symptoms.
Each tablet should be swallowed whole with a glass of water. It is important not to chew the tablets.
If you are over 12 years old and are taking Buscopan for abdominal cramping you can take anywhere up to two tablets, four times a day. Children who are between 6 and 12 years can take up to one tablet three times a day. Buscopan should not be given to children under 6 years of age.
If you are over 12 year old and taking Buscopan for IBS, start by taking one tablet three times a day. You can increase this to a maximum of two tablets four times a day if needed. It is not recommended for children who are under the age of 12.
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take Buscopan IBS relief, however if you do they can include:
Uncommon (affects fewer than 1 in 100 people)
Dry mouth, Dyshidrosis (outbreaks of sweat and dryness of the skin)
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
Do not take Buscopan IBS relief tablets if;
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients of Buscopan IBS relief.
- You are intolerant or cannot digest some sugars (as the tablet coating contains a small amount of sucrose)
- You have glaucoma (an eye problem)
- You have megacolon (a very enlarged bowel)
- You have something called ‘myasthenia gravis’ (a very rare muscle weakness problem)
- If you are pregnant, likely to get pregnant, or are breast feeding.
Take care with Buscopan IBS if any of the following apply to you;
- You are 40 years or over and it is some time since your last attack of IBS or the symptoms are different this time.
- You have recently passed blood from the bowel
- You have severe constipation
- You are feeling sick or vomiting
- You have lost your appetite or lost weight
- You have difficulty or pain passing water (urine)
- You have a fever
- You have recently travelled abroad (in case you have picked up a stomach bug)
- You have a very fast heart rate or other heart problems
- You have been treated by a Doctor for a severe sweating problem.
Check with your Pharmacist or Doctor straight away if you have unexplained abdominal pain which persists or worsens or occurs with;
- Feeling sick
- Being sick
- Changes in your bowel movements
- Abdominal tenderness
- Low blood pressure
- Feeling faint
- Blood in your bowel movements.
Please tell your Doctor or Pharmacist if you are taking any of the following medicines;
- Antihistamines- used to treat hayfever and other allergies
- Tetracyclic or tricyclic medicines- used to treat depression and some types of pain
- Antipsychotic medicines such as butyrophenones or phenothiazines – used to treat severe mental illness such as schizophrenia
- Dopamine antagonists such as metoclopramide for feeling sick
- Beta 2 adrenergic medicines such as salbutamol inhalers for asthma.
- Quinidine or disopyramide – used to control your heart beat
- Amantadine – used for Parkinsons disease and flu
- Anticholinergic medicines such as tiotropium, ipratropium or atropine-like medicines – usually inhaled to treat breathing problems.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
The active ingredients contained in Buscopan IBS relief is:
Buscopan IBS relief tablets also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Calcium hydrogen phosphate, maize starch, soluble starch, colloidal silica, tartaric acid, stearic acid, sucrose, talc, acacia, titanium dioxide, macrogol 6000, carnauba wax, white beeswax and povidone.