Read the following warnings carefully to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
Do not take BUSCOPAN CRAMPS if you:
- Have allergies to hyoscine butylbromide or any of Buscopan Cramps’ other ingredients
- Are intolerant of or cannot digest some sugars
- Have glaucoma
- Have megacolon
- Have myasthenia gravis
- Are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding
You should not take this medication if any of the above conditions applies to you. If you are unsure, talk to your pharmacist or doctor prior to taking this medication.
Take care while using BUSCOPAN CRAMPS
Check with your pharmacist or doctor prior to taking this medication if any of the following apply to you:
- You are over 40
- You have recently passed bloody stool
- You are severely constipated
- You have nausea or vomiting
- You have lost your appetite or lost weight
- You are pale and feel tired
- You have difficulty or pain urinating
- You have a fever
- You have abnormal discharge or vaginal bleeding
- You have recently travelled abroad
- You have a fast heart rate or other heart problems
- You have been treated by a doctor for severe perspiration
If you unsure if any of the above applies to you, consult your pharmacist or doctor prior to taking this medication.
Speak to your pharmacist or doctor immediately if you have unexplained abdominal pain which persists, worsens or occurs with:
- Changes in bowel movements
- Abdominal tenderness
- Low blood pressure
- Feeling faint or
- Blood in your stool
Taking other medications
Please inform your pharmacist or doctor if you take or have recently taken any other medications, including herbal and over-the-counter medications. Buscopan Cramps may affect the way some other medications work. Likewise, other medicines may affect the way Buscopan Cramps works.
Tell your pharmacist or doctor if you take any of the following medications:
- Antihistamines - for hay fever and allergies
- Tetracyclic or tricyclic medicines – for depression and some types of pain
- Antipsychotics such as butyrophenones or phenothiazines – for severe mental illness such as schizophrenia
- Dopamine antagonists such as metoclopramide for nausea
- Beta 2 adrenergic medications such as salbutamol inhalers for asthma
- Quinidine or disopyramide - for heart beat control
- Amantadine - for Parkinson’s disease and flu
- Ipratropium, tiotropium or atropine-like medications - to treat breathing problems
If you are unsure if the conditions above apply to you, talk to your pharmacist or doctor prior to taking this medication.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Buscopan Cramps tablets are unsuitable if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Driving and using machines
Some people may experience temporary blurred vision while taking this medication. If this happens to you, wait for your vision to return to normal before you drive or use any tools or machines.
Read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medications and inform your doctor about all medications you take or intend to take.