- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
Anbesol Oral Antiseptic Liquid
If you are looking for an effective treatment that will enable you to get fast relief from oral pain, Anbesol Liquid could be ideal. This treatment is able to provide relief if you suffer from oral pain stemming from ulcers, dentures, or even teething pain. It is suitable for use in adults and children aged over 5 months.
Buy Anbesol Liquid online from The Independent Pharmacy with delivery as quick as the next working day.
Anbesol Liquid Information
When you need fast relief from oral pain caused by ulcers or dentures, Anbesol Liquid is a very effective treatment that is fast acting and helps to prevent the onset of infection. The liquid can also be used on children who are suffering from teething pain.
The combination of ingredients means that you can benefit from fast-acting pain relief (from the anaesthetic effects of lidocaine) as well as protection against infection (from the antiseptic effects of chlorocresol and cetylpyridinium) when you use this liquid.
Anbesol liquid is very easy to use, as you simply apply it directly to the affected areas in the mouth. You should leave at least a three-hour break between applications.
Anbesol Liquid Patient Information Leaflet: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1305.pdf
Anbesol Liquid warnings
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
Do not use Anbesol Liquid:
- If you are allergic to lidocaine hydrochloride, chlorocresol, cetylpyridinium chloride, other anaesthetics similar to lidocaine or any of the other ingredients in Anbesol.
- You have porphyria (a disease which causes stomach pain, constipation, changes in the colour of urine, skin rashes and disturbed behaviour).
- If your child is under 5 months old.
- At the same time as other products containing lidocaine.
- Flammable - keep away from naked flames.
- If symptoms persist for more than 7 days consult your doctor or dentist.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any of the following medicines as they may interfere with Anbesol Liquid:
- Other anaesthetics or medicines similar to lidocaine, for example, antiarrhythmic drugs such as mexiletine which are used to control abnormal heartbeats
- Erythromycin - a type of antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections
- Itraconazole - a type of antifungal medicine used to treat fungal infections
- Antiarrhythmic drugs such as amiodarone which are used to control abnormal heartbeats
- Cimetidine - used to treat stomach ulcers or heartburn
- Beta-blockers - used to treat heart conditions, high blood pressure or migraine
- Calcium chloride - used for the treatment of hypocalcaemia or as a food additive
- Codeine phosphate - used to treat pain, diarrhoea or relieve coughs
- Diamorphine hydrochloride - a painkiller used to treat severe pain
- Paveretum - used to treat moderate to severe pain and to calm you before an operation
- Quinine hydrochloride - used to treat malaria or leg cramps
- Methylcellulose - used to treat constipation
- Non-ionic surfactants - such as Cetomacrogol 1000 and polysorbate 80 which are used in medicines, foods and cosmetics
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
Anbesol Liquid in pregnancy and breastfeeding
Anbesol liquid should not be used during pregnancy. It is considered safe to use whilst breastfeeding.
Anbesol Liquid dosage
Adults, including the elderly and children 5 months and over:
Apply the liquid in undiluted form with a clean fingertip on the affected area. Two applications are usually adequate to obtain relief from pain.
For teething children:
Begin by wetting your clean fingertip with Anbesol (0.25ml) and gently apply to the sore gum area. 1 application is usually adequate. Avoid repeating the application for 30 minutes.
Use Anbesol up to 6 times each day.
Do not exceed the stated dose. Anbesol should not be used for more than 7 days in a row.
Anbesol Liquid ingredients
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
Lidocaine Hydrochloride 0.90% w/w, Chlorocresol 0.10% w/w, Cetylpyridinium Chloride 0.02% w/w
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Alcohol, Menthol, Glycerin, Water, Colourants E104, E110, E123, E142.
Anbesol Liquid side effects
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however, if you do they can include:
Allergic reactions and dermatitis although both are considered to be rare.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.